Auburn/Opelika area- Will locals ever become available here?

aubowen

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2007
Does anyone know if local channels will ever be offered through Dish Network in the Auburn/Opelika area. I had heard a rumor that they were to come available in the next few months. If true the cust. service people don't seem to know a thing about it. Some of our channels are in the Columbus GA area and a some in Montgomery Al. market. Whats strange on the link of available markets on another part of this forum, it has Montgomery listed as available, yet Dish offers me no locals. It is getting so frustrating that this can't get worked out as 95% can still get locals while we still wait around in my area.

If true the cust. service people don't seem to know a thing about it.

I personally don't know the answer to your question, but I'll say this...the CSRs will be the LAST to know when something new is coming to Dish Network! Generally, they likely won't know anything about them until AFTER they are made available.

On the other hand...if you hang out here, you'll find out things long before the CSRs do!

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

It sounds like you are in the Columbus, GA DMA (market) and those locals are not available.

See the below. The red counties right now do not have locals on Dish and here is a link to what channels are in the DMA (designated market area)....Scroll down to "Columbus, GA)
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/sdlocaldetail.htm

Attachments

• alabama.gif
    alabama.gif
    96.4 KB · Views: 189
Does anyone know if local channels will ever be offered through Dish Network in the Auburn/Opelika area. I had heard a rumor that they were to come available in the next few months. If true the cust. service people don't seem to know a thing about it. Some of our channels are in the Columbus GA area and a some in Montgomery Al. market. Whats strange on the link of available markets on another part of this forum, it has Montgomery listed as available, yet Dish offers me no locals. It is getting so frustrating that this can't get worked out as 95% can still get locals while we still wait around in my area.

Are you using an alterante mneans of receiving your locals?..Examples are OTA or a sub to your local cable co for "lifeline" service.
It is my understanding that both satcos will avoid including the smaller markets for obvious reasons. Columbus ,GA is ther number 126 market with 197,000 tv households. There are samller markets with LIL service so do not give up hope.

I personally don't know the answer to your question, but I'll say this...the CSRs will be the LAST to know when something new is coming to Dish Network! Generally, they likely won't know anything about them until AFTER they are made available.

On the other hand...if you hang out here, you'll find out things long before the CSRs do!

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

As a TSR I know for a fact that he is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts