Audio dropout again 722 dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stageson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 20, 2011
Rincon, GA
Has there been any fix for this or do I need a new receiver? I have intermittent drops in audio, doesn't matter what channel I'm watching. If we change channel or rewind and restart it fixes itself. I've been watching espn this morning and in 1 hour it has dropped three different times. I have read the other threads that I could find and seems like it is a software issue, so it wouldn't matter if I got a new receiver or not. Any help? Should I send a tweet to dish and see what they say? How about any of you DIRT members? Thanks for the help.

Scott

Unfortunately, the software problem has yet to be resolved. A new receiver will not help.

I understand that the technology is complicated and that it takes time to figure out issues. To my knowledge, this started in 2010. I just wonder how aggressive Dish Network has been in working this problem vs. developing new receivers and tailgating antennas. It is truly disappointing to have invested in home theater gear, come home tired after a long day and have your programming glitch out like this. On the other hand, I cannot see Charlie Ergan going home to watch Weeds or Dexter and be willing to put up with this issue.

It would be helpful if we could get some updates on this issue. I could switch to Directv, but I suspect I would be underwhelmed there too.

I understand that the technology is complicated and that it takes time to figure out issues. To my knowledge, this started in 2010. I just wonder how aggressive Dish Network has been in working this problem vs. developing new receivers and tailgating antennas. It is truly disappointing to have invested in home theater gear, come home tired after a long day and have your programming glitch out like this. On the other hand, I cannot see Charlie Ergan going home to watch Weeds or Dexter and be willing to put up with this issue.

It would be helpful if we could get some updates on this issue. I could switch to Directv, but I suspect I would be underwhelmed there too.

Have a feeling that development is a different section of department. Also the development of the tailgater & receivers started a very long time before the audio problems came up.

Thanks guys for the confirmation. Just thought I would bring attention to it. Just makes me upset too because not only am I getting audio issues, but can't get locals because they are on western arc only and I don't have line of sight for that arc etc...just plain crazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts