Audio Dropout - Pushing Daisies, WTVD

DISH_NC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Anyone else record or watch Pushing Daisies on ABC, more specifically, WTVD Raleigh tonight?

I just watched the episode from earlier tonight and the audio is broken to the point of being almost unwatchable.

The show was less than 2Gig so I expect it's all MPEG4 at this point.

Correction: Eli Stone as well. It appears all programming recorded on WTVD was affected.

Programming on FOX, CBS or NBC was unaffected and Audio was clean.

No problems here with KSTP in Mpls/St. Paul. So it wasn't a network issue. Was this in HD or Standard Def.

Was it broken when live/

It might have been a network issue from the local Affiliate... It was HD and we weren't home to watch it live at the time. But given the fact that CBS, NBC and FOX programs which were recording at the same time (in HD) without audio problems, leads me to believe it wasn't the DVR either.

Does not compute

It might have been a network issue from the local Affiliate... It was HD and we weren't home to watch it live at the time. But given the fact that CBS, NBC and FOX programs which were recording at the same time (in HD) without audio problems, leads me to believe it wasn't the DVR either.

A network issue is national. If it was a network issue it would have been ALL ABC stations. If it is only 1 station it is a local problem.

I live in the Raleigh area and have been experiencing these audio blips for about three months now...only on recorded (or paused) shows from WTVD 11. There are numerous threads about this topic on this site. Other folks from all over the nation have reported having similar problems; almost all accounts involve local feeds (not all ABC though).

I have been exchanging phone and email with DISH Tech Support on this issue for over two months now. At first, they said that this is a known issue and that their engineers were working on a fix. With each additional inquiry, I get a slightly different response. Most recently, they tell me that they have concluded that it is a hardware issue with my 622, so they are sending me a replacement HD DVR. Since this forum is filled with people who have also gotten replacement DVRs and it hasn't fixed the problem, I have zero confidence that it will fix mine.

Simple logic tells me this is a problem with the feed DISH is getting from WTVD. If it were my box, wouldn't I have this problem with other channels?

Suggestion for you; why don't you contact the Tech Spport person who has been exchanging emails with me (Kasey A at tech@echostar.com) and tell her your issue. I don't know how many Tech Support reps they have, but I think it might be good to focus in on one...maybe then they will see there is a real issue out here.

I agree with you that the problem is so bad that you can hardly watch ABC recordings anymore. My wife is furious because most of her favorite shows are on ABC. I have told DISH they better get the problem fixed, or they will be losing thousands of customers over this one issue alone.

Good luck and let us know what response you get. Contact me offline if you'd like to talk in person.

I have be noticing this in the INDY area also both on recorded programs and live broadcasts. I notice mostly on CBS as that is the station we watch most. This is happening on the HD receiver but the broadcast is in SD.

yes!!

i am in rocky mount, and all of my "local" channels from from raleigh.

it was almost unbearable trying to watch pushing daisies last night. i've been having this audio skipping problem for a few months now also, but i haven't narrowed it down to a pattern yet - i thought i had but i was wrong. i've exchanged my ViP622 once (which i had for a year before then), but still have the same issue.

the problems i have are:
-the audio only skips when i'm playing back something i recorded (i'm 99% sure it's only on recorded programming)
-it seems to happen more often with WTVD (ABC 11)
-it seems worse when i'm playing back something that is still actively recording
-it seems to be more frequent on shows recorded to TV1 (default is TV2)

i've been hesitant to call Dish again, because sending out another receiver didn't fix the problem last time. now after finding this site i'm hoping i can figure it out a little better. i found a note while troubleshooting on the dish site, under the "my recordings are corrupted" issue, that says that can result from deleting multiple shows but not resetting (unplugging box for 15 seconds). i'll try that for the next few days but that really sucks if they expect you to reset everytime you delete something.

bottom line, it didn't used to do this. something happened, something changed, and it wasn't on my end.

i sent Kasey A. an email. i hope we can get this figured out.

ViP622- Just another "2 UHF Remotes" Thread?

I Really Wanted to Brag On Dish Tech Support

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)