Audio dropouts on SHO

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
My recording of Dexter last night had two significant audio dropouts that lasted for several seconds. Even more frustrating is that even the closed captioning failed to show any intelligible text. Isn't there something that can be done about this? It has been going for far too long. :rant:

I watched Dexter as well and experienced no audio issues at all. I watched it DVRed on my 722 and Western Arc...

Last weeks Dexter had dropouts and once again drop outs this week. About 13 minutes into the recording. That is with the default timer settings of a minute early. Closed captioning is a jumbled mess. I am on the western arc watching with a 922 on showtime west 319 HD

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
I've noticed audio dropouts regularly on ALL premium movie channels for quite some time now. I am assuming that it is something in the dolby digital part of the signal being sent by HBO, SHO, etc... Maybe part of the DRM stuff. It is barely noticeable when I am watching it as "stereo" using the TV speakers, but VERY noticeable when running through my audio receiver in 5.1. From what I can tell visually, it is killing the LFE in the decoding (my LFE indicator text is what goes away during the drops). My other friends on Dish that have HD premiums have also reported the same thing.

If I watch Dexter live the captions work ok. If I watch a recording, captioning is a nogo.

watching sunday's episode, 64 First aired 10/16/2011, repeat on 319 sho-w off 129 and the captioning is still like it was when i recorded it sunday. tuned in to late to see if the audio dropped out at the same point i noticed before.

3rd week in a row for dexter. At 37.5 minutes in another 5 second dropout or so. Closed captioning is still a jumbled mess.

3rd week in a row for dexter. At 37.5 minutes in another 5 second dropout or so. Closed captioning is still a jumbled mess.

I was watching the recorded dexter and had no closed caption. I switched to the live dexter and had closed caption...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)