Audio echo with 301 rcvr

6t7gto

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
bedford ohio
We were watching the superbowl at the Moose club sunday. They have 3 flat screen TV's in the bar area. Two are on one 301 and the third is on another 301 which also feeds a tv in another room.
What would cause an echo effect with the audio on the tv's? It seems the audio is out of sync from one tv and another. There was no noticeable delay in the video between the 3 tv's.
all three are connected via coax and are on video 1 inputs.
thanks,
david

I'd say you were hearing the echo from the TV in the other room.

But why anybody running a club would hook up 301's to a flat screen TV is beyond me.

Krell,
I thought the same thing so I shut off the tv in the other room. The echo is definitely from the 3 tv's in the bar area.

Could you explain this some more?...."But why anybody running a club would hook up 301's to a flat screen TV is beyond me."

thanks,
david

Krell,
I thought the same thing so I shut off the tv in the other room. The echo is definitely from the 3 tv's in the bar area.

Could you explain this some more?...."But why anybody running a club would hook up 301's to a flat screen TV is beyond me."

thanks,
david

301s are standard definition receivers most flat screens are High Definition TVs and don't produce the best pictures with SD feeds. Of course if you have enough to drink the picture does improve.

OK, then my new/improved wag is that it's some sort of phasing effect caused by identical signals coming from multiple sources. Does the echo effect change as you move about the room?

Does the echo effect change as you move about the room?

Not that I noticed. Bartender commented it has been doing it for a while. i don't know how long they have had the flatscreens. He mentioned that he doesn't understand why Dish has not fixed it. Maybe noone has called them. Would this be part of Dish's concerns?

E* vs TIVO is back on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)