Audio/Freeze problems...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm just sitting down to watch big brother 5 that i had recorded earlier and see that for some reason, the program was divided into three sections...i had noticed earlier this evening i was getting the searching for satellite pop up (weather? clear as a bell) a few times too...
well, I've just had it...I'm going back to DirecTV asap...THANK GOD i kept my hdvr2! i never had problems like these with DirecTV...IMO, they beat the asses off dish...in every way...sorry about my potty mouth...but I've just had it!
thanks for all the help...you guys ARE great!
~joey~

joehandy said:
I'm just sitting down to watch big brother 5 that i had recorded earlier and see that for some reason, the program was divided into three sections...i had noticed earlier this evening i was getting the searching for satellite pop up (weather? clear as a bell) a few times too...
well, I've just had it...I'm going back to DirecTV asap...THANK GOD i kept my hdvr2! i never had problems like these with DirecTV...IMO, they beat the asses off dish...in every way...sorry about my potty mouth...but I've just had it!
thanks for all the help...you guys ARE great!
~joey~

I have been getting that too. Keep looking out to see if something is around the dish

And the audio dropouts!!! AAAAHHHHHH! Six times in one hour last night!!

This problem seems to have started to happen more often since I got an software update on the system info screen it says

Software Version L202GALD-N

Boot Strap Version 1414GALD

I also have a lot of recordings on the hard drive and right now 8/7/2004 there is 57 hr 37 min left.

Ok I registered today just to add my complaint in here too.

I have a 522 and the audio freezes and picture freezes makes the DVR portion useless.
It is definately worse with 2.02. Just tonight trying to go back to watch some wrecks, my picture froze and I finally got fed up and went back to Live tv.

I did not ever have these type of problems with my ultimate TV receiver and Direct Tv.

Dish, Please fix these issues promptly...

Don

I called to complain about frequent tiling and lost of signal. I figured it was due to a problem with the LNB. My tech. support number is a local sat. company, not DISH. They had me check the signal strength and it was 124 (about as high as it can go). They figured it must be the receiver so they came and switched it out this morning. So now I lost all of my recordings and it's going to take a couple of days to get all of the guide info. again. :(

From reading some of the above posts it sounds like a lot of people are having the same problem. What do ya bet that this new box will still have the same problem? I just hope it doesn't come with any new bugs too. At least I have a new hard drive now.

A new box is not going to resolve the problem. Everyone is having the same problems. Is there just NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE complaining to them or something? I'm going to make sure I call them tonight and let them know that I've almost had enough. Plus, I just found out that Dish Network doesn't have the NFL Ticket!?

I think this is gods way of telling me to go with DirecTV.

My audio dropouts aren't as severe as others have reported, and NEVER reproducible (i.e., it seems the drive can't keep up with playback: an instant replay never replays the "drop out").

The only show that had severe playback problems was "In The Jury Room", recorded off ABC last night. I noticed over five drop outs in 10 minutes (and subsequently was unable to watch the entire show...it was FAR too annoying). Other shows recorded later that evening and the next day ("Cheers" recorded off a local independent @ 11:30 p.m.; "Futurama" recorded off Cartoon Network @ 1:30 a.m.; "Star Trek: TNG" recorded off Spike today @ 1:00 p.m.) had NO audio drop outs ("Futurama" had a video anomaly about 10 secs in, but never faltered again...this anomaly was also reproducible, leading me to believe the DVR was either have signal dropout (it was windy last night), or the drive could not keep up when RECORDING...not during playback).

NOTE: all recordings were made on TV2, with TV1 turned off and no other recordings or playback occurring. All playback occured on TV1 hours after recording.

UPDATE: well, here's even MORE proof of "lack of processor power" - while watching "Silence of the Lambs" from the beginning while it's still recording, I noticed a few glitches and dropouts that can't be reproducible (i.e., it's not recorded as a glitch, just played back as a glitch). I may notice a true recorded glitch later on, at whatever point in time it glitched on playback.

OMG....watching a movie on Cinemax last night, a little delayed, was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE. Every minute, there was a freeze! REALLY annoying! I starting to believe that the 522 simply can't do that many things at one time. Really sad that they didn't put viewing as the highest priority...

I had the same problem while watching the Olympics opening ceremony. TV1 was recording the ceremony and TV2 was recording somthing else. Apparently the 522 couldn't keep up and I got audio drops about ever 10 seconds or so after pausing. I had to skip forward to live TV to make watching bearable.

It's starting to become apparent that these issues may NEVER get resolved :no

If in fact the processor in the 522 just isn't powerful enough to handle all the tasks being thrown at it, then we may all just be screwed. I mean seriously, how hard is it to PLAY BACK a VIDEO STREAM. The simplest of functions, and they can't even get THAT right. WTF?

rolandv said:
If in fact the processor in the 522 just isn't powerful enough to handle all the tasks being thrown at it...
My 522 gives me massive audio/video freezes when doing NOTHING but watching TV1 off it's spool or buffer or whatever you want to call "non-live" mode. TV2 tuned is NOT recording. TV2 tuner is turned OFF. The only lights on the frontpanel of the 522 are the green TV1 tuner light and the (amber?) dual-mode light. That's about as low a load as you can throw at this thing...

hey thanks! what the heck is going on here, I wana record the pre season football and watch the olypics! i cant figure it out here, give me another 5 mins!

I've been watching these reports with a growing sense of dread because I haven't seen (or heard) the problems you guys are having, so I figure I'm due any time now. ;-)

Maybe it has something to do with fragmentation of the hard drive over time...? Since I got the 522 a week or so ago, I haven't used more than 10 or so hours worth of disk space, so maybe that's a factor. Also, I wonder if it has anything to do with heat. I keep the unit outside of the cabinet that all of my other components are in, so it gets plenty of air. (The fan almost never turns on.) I have no idea if these things make a difference. Just guessing.

Did you feed yours after midnight? I hear that's bad, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts