Audio issues Sundayticket or Networks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I am very curious to see if any else has been having audio issues on SundayTicket or some of the networks? I know I am. This seems to be happening the past 3-4 days.

I can hear everything except the announcers. Commericals are fine etc.

Thanks

how are you connected audio-wise; cable? audio recv? direct to TV?

what sound field settings do you have set on your TV and/or audio unit?

what audio output setting do you have coming from the sat recv?

i have rarely ever had this happen, but it was a result of being in the wrong sound field and the source material was only really being send in 2ch, at least that was my exper.

Optical

I am connected via OPTICAL from sat box to my receiver. It has always worked up until 3-4 days ago. I also checked cable channels as well and I am getting the same sorta things happening.

Commericals are fine etc I just can't hear the announcers on the NFL games. :confused:

Perhaps I can reset my box?

Last edited:
What audio output method do you have selected in the DirecTV receiver?

What sound field setting do you have selected on your audio receiver?

It can be an issue with how they are producing the sound at the source.

Cable issue?

What audio output method do you have selected in the DirecTV receiver?

What sound field setting do you have selected on your audio receiver?

It can be an issue with how they are producing the sound at the source.

Well I have never made any changes to the outputs on the HR20 but I have the following FYI : sound effects set to LOW and DD is On.

I seem to have the problems only with some HD channels. SD channels seem to be fine so far.

Maybe an OPTICAL cable issue?

Still wanting to know....what is your audio receiver set to?

if it is expecting a DD or multi-channel and the sources is only 2chnl, try setting the audio receiver to stereo. Not all source material is the same; nor (in my exper) handled the same way by decoding devices.

The cable should be no issue as long as it is conected; which it is because you are getting audio.

Hmm another thing as I try to troubleshoot. I turned to ESPN and I was kinda hearing the guy speak and then the audio faded out to nothing. HDNet is great etc.

Very weird indeed! And my receiver has never changed. It is set to auto. :confused::confused:

Can I try resetting the sat box and maybe that will work? I really don't think its at my end. DD5.1 works fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts