Audio Pops / Clipping after update on Sirius Radios?

mika911

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
My two cars Sirius built in radios updated fine on Wednesday. I had to update the presets, but that was no worry.

However...I've noticed audio pops & clipping on several channels including The Bridge, Willie's Roadhouse, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this? A few other channels seem perfect.

I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with my radio, or if it's something on Sirius end.

Thanks.

My two cars Sirius built in radios updated fine on Wednesday. I had to update the presets, but that was no worry.

However...I've noticed audio pops & clipping on several channels including The Bridge, Willie's Roadhouse, etc.

Has anyone else noticed this? A few other channels seem perfect.

I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with my radio, or if it's something on Sirius end.

Thanks.

I can only tell you what happened to my onyx XM radio. After the lineup update it tuned to channel one and shut down It would not power up again. With a new base unit (dock)
it powers up but there is distortion on all channels. Sound is no longer clean and pure like it was before. I can only assume the radio dock assembly was somehow damaged by the data stream.

My 3 radios all took the update fine....

My biggest issue is remembering the new channel numbers.

They said this was all to make things easier to locate, I find this to be WORSE than before.

example, the MLB package was all 175-189 with the MLB Network being on 175, now the channels are the same except the MLB Network has moved into the 80's for some reason, now you have 1 game nightly in the 80's and the rest up at 176-189,
Yup, thats making things easier to find. :rolleyes:

My 3 radios all took the update fine....

My biggest issue is remembering the new channel numbers.

They said this was all to make things easier to locate, I find this to be WORSE than before.

example, the MLB package was all 175-189 with the MLB Network being on 175, now the channels are the same except the MLB Network has moved into the 80's for some reason, now you have 1 game nightly in the 80's and the rest up at 176-189,
Yup, thats making things easier to find. :rolleyes:

Use to have Play by play from BOS at 102-115 for like college football, nascar driver channels ect.
As of NOW I have no idea where the BOS went to.

with my radio in the car (skyfi) it seems to be having a hard time locking onto the channels and has been ending up on the preview channel.
with my radio in the house it has been clipping bad. i have had the antenna in the same window for two years. now recently it is having a very
hard time getting a signal. where i would normally have three bars of service, i have almost none.
i ran across this post when i also came to this form to try to find out if they have been messing with the satellite / transponder power,
and if people were complaining.

With my Skyfi 3 I had to get a new Onyx, the Skyfi 3 quit working will not even turn on now. I had a Skyfi 3 that went bad on me they sent me a new one. Probably a Re-manufactured one I got the first one for 19.95 any way they wanted to sell me a re-manufactured one again. Went to Wally world. Got a new one. The radio in the house is a Skyfi 2 it took the update but now every time I turn it on it says loading for about a min or so, never did that before.

I've had the clipping and popping since the update too. I'ts on my factory unit in my camry and it happens all the time whether or not I'm driving or parked. I plan on calling and complaining and see what happens.

just called and they said it was being worked on , they said it was a problem with the "media player" and should be fixed in the next 24-48 hours. I asked for a credit for the month and was told they would be issuing credits, so we'll see.

Last edited:
mine is clipping and popping too. I called them today and they said there was no problem. WTH? That is why I came here. Some channels are fine, but others clip and pop. Hair Nation is unlistenable. The Boneyard is popping too, so is the Highway, Willies Roadhouse, Classic Rewind does it a little. Hope they fix it soon.

mine is clipping and popping too. I called them today and they said there was no problem. WTH? That is why I came here. Some channels are fine, but others clip and pop. Hair Nation is unlistenable. The Boneyard is popping too, so is the Highway, Willies Roadhouse, Classic Rewind does it a little. Hope they fix it soon.

You folks are not crazy, I am not sure if it started with the update or not, but there are definately chips and skips on all the channels I listen too. 59 "The Highway" was unlistenable tonight on the ride home. They better fix this quick. I am not that loyal to them to begin with.

I called them again today. Customer care wasn't very helpful, they transfered me to support. He said that I was the 5th person to call today about this "new" problem.
He deactivated and reactivated my account and resent the activation signal, and so far mine is working with no popping. He said they don't know what is causing this problem. They fixed it but they have a serious attitude problem on the phone.

I sent an e-mail, and received this response:

We are currently experiencing technical difficulty with our SIRIUS|XM Media Player. This issue is currently being worked and the player will be back up shortly. We apologize for the inconvenience .