Audio quality and new 612 software on VIP622

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
Hi,
Is it just me or is there any one else experiencing degraded sound quality ( sounding like over compressed audio) on the VIP 622 after the latest software update. I have to crank up the TV volume much higher to get enough sound, and the clarity is not that great. The audio sounds a bit muffled.

-Hemant

Is it just me or is there any one else experiencing degraded sound quality ( sounding like over compressed audio) on the VIP 622 after the latest software update. I have to crank up the TV volume much higher to get enough sound, and the clarity is not that great. The audio sounds a bit muffled.

Check the Dolby Digital settings in the menu. See if it's set to RF...the update could have changed it to the other option, just as others have seen the update change their output rez.

Check the Dolby Digital settings in the menu. See if it's set to RF...the update could have changed it to the other option, just as others have seen the update change their output rez.
The Dolby digital settings seem to make no audible difference to the sound quality. It is a lot worse when set to LF though.

i have noticed things audio related including it was lower to me too

i also have had HDMI audio be 'mute' until I swapped the PiP or changed channels
two days in a row I turned on my HD TV and my other sony is already on and i can hear it fine in the other room
The HD set fires up and picture but no audio
I swapped channels and the sound came alive

but I have never had sound issues via HDMI until the last 2 days which are the days I got the new update

it's buggy still

The 1080p VOD offering should be Gremlins.:rolleyes: :mad: :D

lol, good one!

I also have had video stuttering on one tuner twice since the update. One took a reset to fix and luckily the second one corrected after I changed channels and then back
but it's another thing I have not been seeing and it is because of this update IMO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)