Audiovox/JVC hook up question

jkohnman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 23, 2004
Hi,

I'm asking mostly for the Audiovox PNP2, but if someone has an answer for the JVC @ E-cost, I'd appreciate both.

I have my PNP2 going through 88.5 FM. That was the only "open" station of the ones on the unit. Even that gets bleed with the attena hooked up.

It came with a cable to hook it via RCA jacks (mini-plug at one end 2 RCA at the other). I don't have a way in the car to use the RCA but I got to wondering if I bought one of those cassette things for running IPODS etc into the car stereo, would that work?

I'm thinking of getting one for my wifes car and hers would HAVE to have a hookup along those lines.

Thanks for any help!

Jim
PS - I like this Sirius better and better every commute. My stress level in LA traffic has gone to near zero. :) No hurry, more time to listen :)

Yep, a cassette adapter would absolutely work, and for some, works very very well. Others have had issues with factory cassette players rejecting the adapter because of it's auto-flip type functions, but usually there are ways around that.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

You would just plug the cassette adapter into the LINE-OUT jack on your car kit. It should work fine. :)

Thanks

Thanks for the help, I hoped that would work. But now the JVC is not on e-cost with the deal they had. I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks again.

Jim

Neutron said:
Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

You would just plug the cassette adapter into the LINE-OUT jack on your car kit. It should work fine. :)

Another option is an FM Antenna Switch from Audivox (SIRSWB). You plug your FM antenna into it and plug the other line into your car kit. When you turn on your PNP2, it switches your FM antenna off.

After not being able to find it online, I ordered one today from AUDIOVOX for ~ $20 including shipping. 1-800-645-9945

Pretty much any cassette adapter that Best Buy or Circuit City would carry would work fine.

The FM Switch is an option as well.

I got me one of those AUX input adapters that converted my factory radio's CD changer port into an aux input for those audio cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)