Audiovox PNP2 losing signal often.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
I've been angry enough to throw my PNP2 out the car window. The SAT antenna connector in the back of the FM transmitter seems to be loose and I keep getting -aquiring signal- if I hit a bump, turn a corner, stop, accelerate... It still takes effort to pull it out, but something is losing contact....

And now that it is summer time. In a hot parked car, this thing gets awfully bloody warm when left on and you can't see the display because the LCD screen can't take the heat.

Rich... What can I do?

Mark

I had similar problems with two Sirius PNP units. I had a Sportster and a Blaupunkt America. I had problems with the displays on both units. On the Sportster the display turned black. On the Blaupunkt the display would fade out to the point you couldn't see the display after an hour of use. I also got the "Aquiring Signal" message you mentioned everytime I would get in my car and drive. After dealing with two units and never getting a decent signal for an extended time, plus talking with other people that have Sirius, I came to the conclusion it is the Sirius signal that is the problem.
I recently switched over to XM and have been problem free since.
The programming and music selection at Sirius is great, but if you can't get a signal to hear it, the service is worthless!

Mike

I have 3 sirius PNP units and know at least 15 - 20 people that have a minimum of 2 units with absolutely ZERO signal issues so this excuse doesn't seen plausible, just a XM advertisement to suck you in.

I'm not jumping the Sirius bandwagon, but its not a year old and shouldn't be having these issues yet. Plus I am pre-paid.

I'd like to get a direct connector for power and SAT antenna so I could mount the unit INDASH and eleminating the FM transmitter. I already have the antenna switch.

The heat fade I don't know what to do about. It gets better after I turn on the AC, but the case gets hot enough to burn your fingertips.

satman losing signal

I got the sirius satman forthe car and i love it, yet some reason at night i keep losing the signal all the time. I keep changing the fm transmitter all the time. harvey

I noticed you don't mention the brand or series you have. I have the XACT brand models, as do most of my friends and we have none of you issues. Are you using a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd series model? Where did you buy it? Hopefully not closed out from a discounter, maybe they new something was wrong. Try calling sirius for a RMA and see if you can get another brand, newer series. AND don't mount these units above the dash line. Give that a try too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts