Australian Open on TSN-HD

dish_dtv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Hi!

I have been watching the Australian Open the past 3 days on TSN-HD. The pictures looked crisp and had more detail & was 16 x 9 wide (possibly true HD). Just to compare, I used to flip to 400 (TSN regular) and I could easily notice the difference and loss of picture details (on regular TSN-400).

However, this evening, I am watching TSN-HD, and the picture being shown is definitely not 16x9 and the picture matches the regular TSN feed from 400. I know that I am on TSN-HD (280), because it says so :D. Also, around the top of the hour, Sportscentre continues to be full-HD and the picture is crisp just during those times.

Anybody else with a HD receiver/TV experiencing the same? It is about 8:30 pm Central Time now. The tennis should be on until 10 pm CST at least.

I guess no one watches tennis on TSN-HD

I guess no one watches tennis (since I got no response to my original query). This afternoon, I tuned in to catch the end of the Roddick match and it was back to crystal clear 16x9 wide screen possibly HD telecast again. Don't know if last night's telecast was an aberration.

I guess no one watches tennis (since I got no response to my original query). This afternoon, I tuned in to catch the end of the Roddick match and it was back to crystal clear 16x9 wide screen possibly HD telecast again. Don't know if last night's telecast was an aberration.

Don't know either. I *do* know that it's not true HD...though it does look pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)