Automatic CE Upgrade

SAVERITELIQ

Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Last Sunday, per this message board, I called Directv, and at the prompt said: Activate Directv On Demand. The prompt then said: Activate Directv On Demand? I then said: Yes. After a few bleeps/and/shrills, the prompt said I was being transferred to customer service. Not wanting to speak to someone, I hung up. I also knew that I had missed Saturday night's download, so I thought that I'd would need to wait till this Friday or Saturday night.
Yesterday, lo and behold, I noticed the blue round light on the front of my HR21-700 was lit. I always keep it off. The only time it goes on is if something is upgraded. When I checked, I found that I am now operating with firmware # 0x01fE.
I then checked my system, and all is well. I've now got the 1000 series channels and all that goes with it. I've already downloaded a 2 hour movie and it worked perfectly.
Thanks for all the helpful information on this site:).

Equipment: HR21-700; 1tb external HD; hitachi 60vx915 HD TV; cat6 ethernet cable; 1gbps connections.

It wasn't an automatic CE upgrade, it's just that DirecTV felt that the 1FE release of software was stable enough to roll out to the regular population.

What ???? No auto CE upgrade ??? Come on, that would be awesome !!!! :confused:

Hardly, if that were to happen, then D* would be determining WHO got them and who didn't ..... That would be disasteroius.

Beside you already get the AutoCEupgrades when it come out as a NR ...

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts