Autopay

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
Is there any benefit to having autopay now ???

If I remembered correctly you received hd free with autopay now what do you get ???

I find it to be a convenience. I never have to remember to pay the bill, or send off a check or buy stamps.

Yes, there's the HD bit, but that is changing- who knows what the rule will be a year from now?

I never had autopay. I want to know who is taking how much from my account. And if I choose to terminate a service I don't want to allow them to forget to STOP taking payments.
i did convince them to provide free HD for life even without autopay.
if I want autopay I can go on line to my bank and setup the autopay and decide when to adjust the amount or stop the payments.

I have autopay for the convenience as well. I'm not in a contract and can cancel whenever I choose. I'm grandfathered in to HD free 4 life, although I'm sure they would still give it to me if I asked even if I was writing a check every month to pay the bill.

I get an email with my exact bill amount and the date it will be deducted. Never had an issue at all.

I never had autopay. I want to know who is taking how much from my account.

I get an email with my exact bill amount and the date it will be deducted. Never had an issue at all.
Exactly. Autopay and paperless billing allows me to know exactly when and how much I will be charged long before I would receive a bill in the mail.

I have paperless billing and I don't even know how much a stamp costs these days.
Are they still 3 cents or did I hear they went up to a nickle.
I like automation. I just want to be in control.

Autopay and paperless billing are not the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And you need them both....... At least you did since the inception of free HD.

I use autopay to save the $10. If they ever take that away I'll cancel immediately. I normally don't worry about about keeping a credit card with a provider - I have an Amazon Prime and Paypal account but I have seen some horror stories about credit card payments with both sat providers. I'm a little uptight with Dish right now because I returned a defective Hopper to them that was received on Feb 3 and still shows as Not Yet Received on my online account. I have complained to them and DIRT and have been assured that it was in fact received and that my account will be updated "soon". I check this CC daily to make sure there are no Non Returned Equipment charges on it.

When I left the other service for Dish the CC I had on file was accidentally lost right before I cancelled. It was fortuitous because I didn't have to worry about charges for non returned equipment or such being accidentally added. It may happen again if I ever leave Dish.

Autopay drawback: Be careful when your bank sends you a credit card with a new expiration date. To update that info on Dish's website, Dish will require your NEXT payment, even if your bill was paid a day or two prior. Of course it will be applied to your account. However, if your budget doesn't have the wiggle room to pay two Dish bills in one month, don't change your credit card information until the day before your bill becomes available. For me, Dish is the only business I have ever encountered this problem with.

Something else not being mentioned...doesn't having Autopay and/or Paperless Billing also play a factor in determining your account tier/level/status when it comes to the eligibility/cost of equipment upgrades?

Autopay drawback: Be careful when your bank sends you a credit card with a new expiration date. To update that info on Dish's website, Dish will require your NEXT payment, even if your bill was paid a day or two prior. Of course it will be applied to your account. However, if your budget doesn't have the wiggle room to pay two Dish bills in one month, don't change your credit card information until the day before your bill becomes available. For me, Dish is the only business I have ever encountered this problem with.

This happened to me a while ago. The expiry of my CC changed and I updated it in my online account. The next autopay bounced. I was told you had to get changes done thru DIRT or with a phone call. It seems to be a common complaint/problem with both services. When you change it they verify it by taking the next month's payment. All of my other online accounts also accept updates and changes without this problem.

I have changed credit card expiration dates many times over 16 years with Dish. I have never had an autopay bounce..... I have always completed that change online in my account......

I have changed credit card expiration dates many times over 16 years with Dish. I have never had an autopay bounce..... I have always completed that change online in my account......

Agreed. Had my debit card expire last spring that I forgot to change. got an autopay decline email. Changed it from my phone while at work. No issue whatsoever.

I did get a email from dish when my card expired, gave me some time to update and no issues occurred in billing

I did get a email from dish when my card expired, gave me some time to update and no issues occurred in billing
Maybe that's the trick - just let the expiration date on the card you have on file with Dish lapse. If you update the expiration date with Dish before the old credit card expires, you WILL pay for another month in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts