Autosave

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
I really like the new software but there is one feature that is driving me nuts and I can't figure out how to stop it. When I reply to a post something is autosaving my reply if I don't post it. I can erase it, select and cut or delete it, even try to post the empty reply, and the next time I look at that thread my words, unselected and in light text, are there again. Is there anything I can set or change or a proper method of erasing I can use to fix this?

I'm afraid that one of these days I might accidentally let one of these go and I don't want to get banned from the group.

I think I have had success deleting the text and waiting for the autosave. If you delete it and dismiss the window before the periodic autosave does anything, then it will not delete your saved text.

Reactions: TheForce
No worries about me. He can make the autosave 10 minutes or 10 seconds.... It doesn't bother me that it saves this ! My delete key works just fine (I was only testing). ;)

I like the feature. I posted a long complex answer once with reference links and then my power went out, lost it all. Now when I bring the computer back on line the auto save feature kept what I had done. PS- I also bought a new UPS that keeps the workstation running for 45 minutes now. But, I still love that auto feature. The Krell is right. That's how I dump an older autosave. Just delete it and allow the autosave to do it's thing.

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)