Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This XenForo software keeps getting better day by day! And soon a new version 1.4 will be out and it adds a bunch of new features which make management easier but also makes doing things different easier as well.

Such as replying to a message.

Check out this video below showing how replying to a post is going to change. :)

Really looking forward to this.

I am impressed. I get the impression these guys are truly proud and enthusiastic about their product. Don't see that a lot........

Reactions: DWS44
As I started watching it, I guessed what it was going to be. DSL Reports implemented that highlight-text-to-quote a while ago.

The enhancements to the multi-quote are neat. Never knew you could drag-and-drop the quotes if you wanted to re-order them though (I don't think that particular part is new). I often wish it didn't prompt you a second time though.

Slick!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

This is a really good add on. Should allow less clutter and be simpler. In the past I would edit out the parts of the quote that I was not referring to. Now I can just select what I want. I wonder how much more quoting will happen with this being simpler to use.

I wonder how much more quoting will happen with this being simpler to use.
9 out of 10 members won't even know about the new 'method'. People will still quote an entire post just to add their one-line response (but at least the system truncates the quotes with that "click to expand" option).

That's great , Scott. I learned so much from that video.

Is there a way we can see more of these tutorial videos? Maybe, have a section in the operations where forum tutorial videos are listed? Just an FAQ list of the xenforo videos, no need for us to comment on them.

I'm especially interested in the Polls method. One of the problems I used to have with Polls is you had to make visible your first thread post referencing a Poll but then you had to design and add the questions. Also, if you made an error there was no way to see that until the poll went public. I had often got responses back as the second post to my poll thread: "Where's the poll questions?" the responder would hit the thread within a minute of the first post going visible and while I was still typing the questions. So frustrating! We should be able to preview the whole first post including the poll questions before the post part went public.

By the way... I've been trying to use this feature for a week or two. Do you have an ETA? Or is it here and I don't know what I'm doing?

By the way... I've been trying to use this feature for a week or two. Do you have an ETA? Or is it here and I don't know what I'm doing?
Its here ...
Click on a few "Quote+" buttons and go to the bottom where your post would be and Click Insert.

No, the multi-quote feature has always existed. The new options shown in the video are supposed to be in v1.4, which isn't released yet (I see that a beta for it is available though).

Reactions: TheKrell
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)