• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tnsprin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 27, 2003
:):D:popcornFor those who don't have a Panasonic Blu-Ray 3d copy of AVATAR.

HBO VOD has added AVATAR in 3d to their current selections.

Can you post a link to where you found it?

All I could find is Avatar (2D version) and The Making of Avatar. Last I heard Avatar 3D was still exclusive to Panasonic until Feb 2012.

In my case I have FIOS including HBO. Its available in my VOD. I know some others have mentioned that they also get HBO VOD 3D offferings with their TV service provider. Comcast is suppose to be one of them.

Just watched it this morning. Had never seen it in the theatres, and so this was my first time to see it in 3D.

I went to HBO On demand and it is not available. AFAIK, that is the only on demand service for HBO subscribers. Could be many are confusing Avatar as being 3D version of Avatar. Just saw the thread at AVS. Seems for those who get it, very few, it's only in half resolution SBS 3D. Maybe that's how they are getting around the exclusive.

HBO VOD is always 1080i, therefore they are doing 1080i SbS. Some of the cable cos are offering both the Starz and HBO titles that are available in 3D format. I've got several e-mails in regarding D* 3D, particularly broadcasting in nonmandatory formats (ESPN: 720p SbS and the pay VOD 1080p SbS).

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)