Avengers??

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
I thought avengers came out on DVD this Tuesday... Not on PPV yet?? Lately, big studio movies like Hunger games have come out on PPV same time as DVD... What gives?

Buy it on DVD or Blu-Ray, 1/3 to 1/2 the cost thrown away on PPV for a major title like this one.

I'm surprised it's not on Dish too. We rented it on the Apple TV today. I didn't even realize it wasn't on dish though. On Apple TV HD on demand rentals are $4.99 vs Dish's $6.99 so we never do PPV on Dish unless we get free coupons.

Support one of the best geek material writer/producer/director, Joss Whedon and just buy the disc.

I'm surprised it's not on Dish too. We rented it on the Apple TV today. I didn't even realize it wasn't on dish though. On Apple TV HD on demand rentals are $4.99 vs Dish's $6.99 so we never do PPV on Dish unless we get free coupons.
FTR, nearly all DISH HD PPV are $5.99. (except for the five or six $0.99 current promos).

Bought it and it arrived this week and I thoroughly enjoyed it last night. :)

Watch past the end of the end titles...a good laugh there! :D
Yep, and it will always be at arm's length on one of those cold, dark, winter's nights.

KAB said:
FTR, nearly all DISH HD PPV are $5.99. (except for the five or six $0.99 current promos).

I said on demand rentals. FTR nearly all Dish HD PPV on demand movies are $6.99. I don't want to be tied to their schedule plus on demand offers better quality 1080p in some cases. Nearly all the New releases are in 1080p on Apple TV.

I'm not against Dish PPV. There are just cheaper options if you have a good Internet connection. Even at $5.99 for regular PPV Apple TV rentals still beat it on price and picture quality plus you can watch it whenever you want.

KAB said:
You did use On Demand and PPV in the same sentence, so I had to assume one or the other.

The on demand PPV is still PPV so why can't it be both? They are the same movies as regular PPV and you still have to pay to view them.

Edit: Ah I see, you were confused because I mentioned the Dish coupons. I was referring to on demand for my actual point. I just meant the only time we use any form of Dish PPV is when they give us free coupons.

The on demand PPV is still PPV so why can't it be both? They are the same movies as regular PPV and you still have to pay to view them.

Edit: Ah I see, you were confused because I mentioned the Dish coupons. I was referring to on demand for my actual point. I just meant the only time we use any form of Dish PPV is when they give us free coupons.
OK, we're all corrected.;)

$20 on Amazon for the triple premium 3d addition. 3d, bluray, DVD, and digital copy.

$6.99 for a PPV is retarded. I stopped buying PPV in 1999 when they went to $3.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)