Avoid additional receiver fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey replay works perfectlly well with dish net... I have a 501, it had good features, I have a replay 5040, it also has good features. Since the 921 is not ava... can you tape (i admit) down rezzed hd to a 501/508/510/721?
5040 has better pq from down rezzed hd than sd from my 501 or ( my D*) receiver. only thing better is from my panny dmr e30 dvd r

Why

hojni said:
You may not be able to completely avoid additional receiver fees (legally), but you can minimize them by using RF Modulators to redistribute a smaller number of receivers to every TV in the house.

In a nutshell, you plug the AV output from the DishNetwork receiver into an RF Modulator. The RF Modulator then converts the satellite output to an unused UHF or CATV channel that can be added, via a simple 2-way splitter, to your household antennae or cable wire. As long as you pick a clean channel (nothing else broadcasting on it), the pictures competes with the S-Video out going directly into the TV. The good RF Modulators let you pick any legal channel and retransmit the audio in MTS Stereo format.

Net result is that you usually only need as many receivers as independent viewers in the house. In my setup, we have 3 PVRs modulated and redistributed to 8 TVs. This allows three different DishNetwork channels to be watched on any TV in the house by simply tuning to channel 84, 86, or 88. The system is so easy to use that my 3-year-old knows that Toon Disney is usually on channel 86.

Then, since most of the good DishNetwork receivers and DVRs use UHF remotes, you can change channels anywhere in the house. We bought some extra remotes and keep one set of remotes upstairs and one downstairs.

As complicated as this all sounds, it sure beats spending an additional $25 a month on additional receiver fees.

Why do this when you can just split the output of your reciever and send it to other tv's via cable wire = mirored outlets

When the RFmodulator is used to combine the stereo L&R and the video, will the audio be mono coming out the coax if you connect to a TV that has MTS stereo capability? If not why bother with the modulator? At present I have a old 5000 box with coax hooked up to the RF out then split to 2 other TV's that are Stereo capable. Using extra RF remotes I can watch satellite feed in other rooms. It would be nice to have stereo sound though. The signal would probably need to be demodulated at the other end to strip the stereo L&R audio out. Are the RF modulators a one way application or can they be used as a RF demodulator?

I got "the letter" months ago and called. They said they would call me back soon to confirm my gear and set me up with wireless jacks. Never happened. So whatever on them. I have a 6000, a 510 and a 921 coming.

At the time of the letter I had two 6000's, plus a 5000 and a 301, plus the 510, so maybe my having less gear now is why they never called.

blfuller said:
When the RFmodulator is used to combine the stereo L&R and the video, will the audio be mono coming out the coax if you connect to a TV that has MTS stereo capability? If not why bother with the modulator? At present I have a old 5000 box with coax hooked up to the RF out then split to 2 other TV's that are Stereo capable. Using extra RF remotes I can watch satellite feed in other rooms. It would be nice to have stereo sound though. The signal would probably need to be demodulated at the other end to strip the stereo L&R audio out. Are the RF modulators a one way application or can they be used as a RF demodulator?

It depends on the demodulator. Some broadcast stereo. Some broadcast mono, even though they may have stereo input jacks. I don't think they can "demodulate" from RF to AV, either.

Don't Dish receivers broadcast stereo audio from their RF outputs? You make it sound like they don't. I have no idea. But, I'm sure there are those here that do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts