azbox firmware/iptv question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skysurfer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
1) I read the tutorial "sticky" about how to do firmware upgrades. Assuming I have the bins for the firmware that came with my box as well as the latest official firmware, is it possible to rollback the firmware to the older version if the current official firmware has a flaw that makes me want to go back?

2) is satellite IPTV coming to the AZBOX or is it too complicated? There are some unencrypted IPTV streams over satellite that I can process on a PC but I'd like to know if AZBOX has any plans on being able to do that - enter the PID number and its "IP address" to send the stream to the audio/video codec for decoding/outputting. AFAIK, IPTV is just for internet streams in its current form.

1) I read the tutorial "sticky" about how to do firmware upgrades. Assuming I have the bins for the firmware that came with my box as well as the latest official firmware, is it possible to rollback the firmware to the older version if the current official firmware has a flaw that makes me want to go back?

2) is satellite IPTV coming to the AZBOX or is it too complicated? There are some unencrypted IPTV streams over satellite that I can process on a PC but I'd like to know if AZBOX has any plans on being able to do that - enter the PID number and its "IP address" to send the stream to the audio/video codec for decoding/outputting. AFAIK, IPTV is just for internet streams in its current form.

to #1. yes. you can roll back and install any version at any time. the problem is with the way the channels are stored. some channel backups will not restore correctly with certain firmware versions.

to #2. yes. you have been able to load iptv channels for sometime now. certain firmware seems to have a bug with iptv that makes the box react sluggishly tho.

crackt out,.

to #2. yes. you have been able to load iptv channels for sometime now. certain firmware seems to have a bug with iptv that makes the box react sluggishly tho.

I upgraded my firmware for the first time (from 2238 when I purchased my box) to 4991 or something similar.

The IPTV is for internet and I was asking about IPTV satellite streams. Maybe in the future the azbox programmers can figure out how to get satellite iptv streams to play. A few interesting things up there that I"d like to do with the azbox rather than continue to do it on my PC with my PCI tuner sat card.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)