azbox hd ultra problem with a green picture?

phillipa197

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
ohio
Hello there I am new to this fourm and I am needing some help with a azbox hd ultra that I this got new yesterday. I am using a hdmi connection and when I do that I am getting a green pitcure and the channels are all green as well. I tried using componment cables and I get color I know my hdmi cable is not bad becuase I am using on my tivo player and it works really good. I am using the azbox for fta only on a 7 in a half foot solid one piece alunimun dish and I am using a c/ku bsc-621 lnbf and I am getting like 80% signal and I scan in all the channels with blindscan on 91 degrees west I need to resove this probelm with the green pitcure it is frustrasting I really like the azbox box so if anyone could help please let me know thank you.

Hello there I am new to this fourm and I am needing some help with a azbox hd ultra that I this got new yesterday. I am using a hdmi connection and when I do that I am getting a green pitcure and the channels are all green as well. I tried using componment cables and I get color I know my hdmi cable is not bad becuase I am using on my tivo player and it works really good. I am using the azbox for fta only on a 7 in a half foot solid one piece alunimun dish and I am using a c/ku bsc-621 lnbf and I am getting like 80% signal and I scan in all the channels with blindscan on 91 degrees west I need to resove this probelm with the green pitcure it is frustrasting I really like the azbox box so if anyone could help please let me know thank you.

Phillipa,

Check your cables first. The green screen often means that you are lacking the red chrominance signal or it is being ignored. So you either have a poor or lost connection or an incorrect connection or an incorrect setting for the video output from your AZBox or an incorrect setting/connection for the TV input.

i.e. Wrong cable, bad cable, incorrect settings, wrong output/input video ports used. There is nothing wrong with your AZBox, though.

RADAR

I am using componment video now and it is working perfect the hd is better then my tv antenna but as soon as I go back to the hdmi cable same things happens and I bougth the receiver of rick's satellite and I talk to him on the phone and he told me it is a bad receiver since I tryed 2 different hdmi cables and my tivo works this fine so he is willing to replace the azbox but I think I might be keep it since it works good with componment cables and it works out better for me since my tv only has one hdmi hook up. I do have two more questions how to I use the program guide when I click on the guide and want to go to a different channel there is no imformaition or anything loaded in the program guide saying what it on all it says is the tv channel name and when I highlighted it and it does nothing I can't go to the channel only way I can switch channels is bye going up and down on the remote. Is there away to delete some channels that you don't want that is scrambel and this keep the fta? I don't want to do another blind search becuase it does take 30 minn to do a search I would this like to try to organize the channenls with the right satellite in a catorgory not sure if that is possilbe? One more thing I have a v-box 7 to turn the dish what would be the the best way to program the v-box? Through the receiver or this through the v-box it self? I am a newbie to fta had dish networkt and it was to expensive and I hated it then I did some reasearch on fta and I found a solid aluminum one piece dish for 50 bucks and I am learning. Also I am using a lnbf I do have the other feedhorn with two lnb's actually they are norsat lnbs c and ku would that work better then the lnbf? I do have a pansat 3500 that will control the servo motor and I am getting good signal some satellites close to 100 if not 100 but I am having trouble with ku actually have not had it working yet but I have it working with the pansat receiver. I hope you can help me out a little and hope this is not to much at once.

i would do a switch now if the Hdmi port is bad it could just be the start of things with this receiver so i would switch now before other things pop up.

i would do a switch now if the Hdmi port is bad it could just be the start of things with this receiver so i would switch now before other things pop up.

I would also recommend exchanging the receiver. If the problem were just a poor connection at the HDMI port, that would be no big issue, but if it is an electronic component the integrity of the whole component has been compromised. Many of these components perform multiple tasks and therefore some other function may eventually fail.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)