AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition v2.01 firmware

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AzBox Americas is proud to announce the release of firmware version 2.01 for the AzBox miniMe American Edition.

This release includes all the enhancements from the recently released version 2.00 but includes the following bug fixes based on SatelliteGuys member feedback.

Bug fixes:
  • Changed USALS longitude and latitude fields from 6 to 4 decimal places for easier entry and corrected crash which took place when invalid values were entered.
    Issue reported by KI7FK - Thank you!
  • Fixed issue with certain transponders not scanning in during blindscan even if they were detected.
    Issue reported by KI7FK - Thank you!

Please note that since this firmware version is in KFL format which includes the kernel, it is NOT possible to preserve user settings during the update so we strongly recommend backing up your current user settings to a USB flash drive before updating. Once the update is completed, the backed up user settings can easily be restored without any issues which will restore everything including configured satellites and scanned channels.

To backup your all your system settings which includes dish configuration and scanned channels, go to:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Backup system configuration after connecting a USB drive to the unit.

Restoring your system backup including dish configuration and scanned channels is just as easy:
Settings -> Manage settings -> Restore system configuration then select your time stamped backup file off your connected USB drive.

*** IMPORTANT*** During the upgrade procedure if upgrading for version 1.86, you will be prompted towards the end of the process if you wish to "Preserve user settings during firmware update?". YOU MUST ANSWER NO TO THIS QUESTION IN ORDER TO PROPERLY COMPLETE THE UPDATE!!! If upgrading from version 2.00, this message won't be displayed so you don't have to worry about it.

Available for download now via the Internet update function on network connected receivers or download via our support page on azbox.ca or azbox.us to install using your USB flash drive.

Have fun and happy feedhunting!

Still no word about a fix my bricked boxes or why the new software download link is dead. I know it's the holiday season, but some sort of answer would be nice!

Well that's four units bricked with version 2.00. No wonder 2.01 was pulled because it was a rushed fix to appease one guy without addressing the real issue!

I'm lucky I didn't jump on it. I still sometimes go back to version 1.2, which I have always said is the most stable for me. (although lacks many features).

My biggest gripe is you changed kernels and there is no way back to solid firmware. We always find out about these things after the fact!

Time to step to the plate Surge and let people know what's going on. Maybe salvage a tiny shred of credibility if you still can!

Catamount

Reactions: scopus
Well that's four units bricked with version 2.00. No wonder 2.01 was pulled because it was a rushed fix to appease one guy without addressing the real issue!

I'm lucky I didn't jump on it. I still sometimes go back to version 1.2, which I have always said is the most stable for me. (although lacks many features).

My biggest gripe is you changed kernels and there is no way back to solid firmware. We always find out about these things after the fact!

Time to step to the plate Surge and let people know what's going on. Maybe salvage a tiny shred of credibility if you still can!

Catamount

Couldn't agree more! No wonder he is quiet!

Reactions: catamount
Remember Scopus a couple of years ago the promises of IPTV and Pay IPTV? Now it's tough to boot the box. Remember the post about $250,000 sunk into development costs? He would be better off sending $100,000 and source code to Hungary. Then, we could have an Amiko Mini-Me :clapping

Reactions: scopus
Nice!! But the download link is dead...

Not sure what happened with the 2.01 firmware version as our server guy has been away on holiday vacation for the past few days. However, he should be getting back to me within the next day.

Version 2.02 will be coming out shortly which includes additional enhancements on top of what was introduced in 2.01. Testing it since yesterday and it runs very well.

As usual avoid answering any questions about bricked boxes!!!
I don't. give a stuff about your so called enhancements, in yet another upcoming sw version, how about some help for us with bricked boxes? You obviously don't care. I have bought 2 boxes which are now rendered useless. Perhaps I should seek legal advice under the 'Distance Selling Regulations' now.

As usual avoid answering any questions about bricked boxes!!!
I don't. give a stuff about your so called enhancements, in yet another upcoming sw version, how about some help for us with bricked boxes? You obviously don't care. I have bought 2 boxes which are now rendered useless.

Have a bit of patience please! As I told you before, I need to discuss your specific issue with the rest of the team to find out if anything else can be done from your end or if not, the units will have to be serviced under the 2 year warranty. As some of the team members are away on holiday vacation, this will only happen on January 5th.

You are the only one that we are aware of with a totally non-booting receiver after the upgrade. iBoston's issue is different and way less severe than yours as his box partially boots and acquires an IP address. As he is still able to telnet into it, a script was recently sent out to him via private message in order to recover his receiver.

Thank you,

Last edited:
I hope because 2.00 basically bricked my unit....

In what way did it brick your unit? Please describe in detail what happens when it tries to boot.

Does safe mode still work? If so, please re-download the version 2.00 or upcoming 2.02 firmware from our website and flash it off your USB key drive.

Last edited:
In what way did it brick your unit? Please describe in detail what happens when it tries to boot.

Does safe mode still work? If so, please re-download the version 2.00 or upcoming 2.02 firmware from our website and flash it off your USB key drive.

pwrsurge,

I'll give that a shot tomorrow when I have some free time. When I did the update yesterday it applied the firmware and kernel without error then froze at the end of the process instead of rebooting (BTW I didn't retain my settings)....I let it go for 30 minutes or so and came back to a still frozen screen so I hard rebooted it. It now turns on indicated by the blue ring but never sends a signal to my set via HDMI, or RCA connections however I can force reboot it by pressing+holding the power key until the ring flashes 2x then release the power button. I'm guessing it's recoverable but since I don't have enough time to troubleshoot it last night or today it's essentially useless.

pwrsurge,

I'll give that a shot tomorrow when I have some free time. When I did the update yesterday it applied the firmware and kernel without error then froze at the end of the process instead of rebooting (BTW I didn't retain my settings)....I let it go for 30 minutes or so and came back to a still frozen screen so I hard rebooted it. It now turns on indicated by the blue ring but never sends a signal to my set via HDMI, or RCA connections however I can force reboot it by pressing+holding the power key until the ring flashes 2x then release the power button. I'm guessing it's recoverable but since I don't have enough time to troubleshoot it last night or today it's essentially useless.

Which firmware version did you have before upgrading, 1.86? As well, which method did you use for the update USB or Internet?

Also please try booting the unit again while closely examining the ring LED light to see if it turns from solid blue to solid orange for a few seconds after about 20 seconds in the booting process.

Have a bit of patience please! As I told you before, I need to discuss your specific issue with the rest of the team to find out if anything else can be done from your end or if not, the units will have to be serviced under the 2 year warranty. As some of the team members are away on holiday vacation, this will only happen on January 5th.

You are the only one that we are aware of with a totally non-booting receiver after the upgrade. iBoston's issue is different and way less severe than yours as his box partially boots and acquires an IP address. As he is still able to telnet into it, a script was recently sent out to him via private message in order to recover his receiver.

Thank you,

Thankyou, all I wanted was some sort of answer. I will try to see if I can ping the other box, then the script option may work for that one

Which firmware version did you have before upgrading, 1.86? As well, which method did you use for the update USB or Internet?

Also please try booting the unit again while closely examining the ring LED light to see if it turns from solid blue to solid orange for a few seconds after about 20 seconds in the booting process.
I had 1.86 and did the internet update, I just pulled it back out and checked it, I get the blue led but it never goes orange nor does it send any video output to HDMI or RCA connections. Safe mode via holding the 1 key on the remote gets nada as well. Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)