AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition v2.01 firmware

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It really is pathetic that all these boxes refuse to boot no matter which firmware. They will hang on AZBox starting/play fine on one channel after reboot without responses from the remote. I've never read about a boot problem with an enigma 2 firmware at Rick's. If it doesn't blindscan that well so what? I only have two channels on 99ku right now anyway. Not sure if my warranty's over, but I don't care. After two years, things have not improved one bit. Promise after promise.

Going to reset with the back switch tomorrow and load OpenATV 4.3. Enough is enough.

Catamount

Reactions: scopus
They will hang on AZBox starting/play fine on one channel after reboot without responses from the remote.
Which firmware version are you currently using? This issue was resolved with the 2.xx firmware versions.

I've never read about a boot problem with an enigma 2 firmware at Rick's. If it doesn't blindscan that well so what? I only have two channels on 99ku right now anyway. Not sure if my warranty's over, but I don't care. After two years, things have not improved one bit. Promise after promise.

Going to reset with the back switch tomorrow and load OpenATV 4.3. Enough is enough.
Keep in mind that pretty much all the people over at Rick's are using enigma 2 firmware on the AzBox Me and not the miniMe. While Enigma 2 does not have significant issues on the Me, there are some severe flaws when used with the miniMe. The most prominent ones are the inability to tune any transponder with a symbol rate of under 5000 and the broken blind scan so IMO, it would be a big mistake to do this. Also as you stated, you would be voiding whatever is remaining of your 2 year warranty.

Not sure why you only have two channels on 99ku. Are you using a fixed dish just for that one satellite?

Last edited:
I had 1.86 and did the internet update, I just pulled it back out and checked it, I get the blue led but it never goes orange nor does it send any video output to HDMI or RCA connections. Safe mode via holding the 1 key on the remote gets nada as well. Any suggestions?
First of all, try unplugging all wires from the unit for at least 1 minute and plug everything back in. Also. please disconnect any USB drives if any are connected. Then press the power button and wait at least 60 seconds.

If you still don't see video, try unplugging the HDMI then plug it back in to see if this brings back video. If that still does not work, try pinging the last known IP address that your receiver had to see if you get a response.

Which firmware version are you currently using? This issue was resolved with the 2.xx firmware versions.

Keep in mind that pretty much all the people over at Rick's are using enigma 2 firmware on the AzBox Me and not the miniMe. While Enigma 2 does not have significant issues on the Me, there are some severe flaws when used with the miniMe. The most prominent ones are the inability to tune any transponder with a symbol rate of under 5000 and the broken blind scan so IMO, it would be a big mistake to do this. Also as you stated, you would be voiding whatever is remaining of your 2 year warranty.

Not sure why you only have two channels on 99ku. Are you using a fixed dish just for that one satellite?

Using 1.86 still. No need to upgrade with people still having booting problems and blackscreen issues with 2.00 series updates.

yes, one fixed dish at 99 right now! Not being able to downgrade firmware is a big issue for me. I understand why, because your original kernal would be locked with your closed source safe mode on boot 0 probably.

Wasn't aware of any issues with sub-5000 symbol rates.

The only issue I have personally for my situation is the booting/hanging situation. If that can be fixed, then I really don't have any other serious issues with the box.

I had 1.86 and did the internet update, I just pulled it back out and checked it, I get the blue led but it never goes orange nor does it send any video output to HDMI or RCA connections. Safe mode via holding the 1 key on the remote gets nada as well. Any suggestions?

Exactly the same problem as my 2 boxes, we await some sort of fix or the boxes returned under warranty

I agree with pwrsurge regarding the Minime, the American edition firmware is by far the best for this box as regards to blindscan, Enigma 2 is hopeless and hardly scan anything in. I have the ME also and the American Aztrino sits very nicely with my favourite Enigma 2 firmware, Open ATV 3.0. As I have said before I have tested the lot and Kernel 3.3.1 is by far the most stable.

Any update on the no video issue or am I to pack it up to send to Canada?
First of all, try unplugging all wires from the unit for at least 1 minute and plug everything back in. Also. please disconnect any USB drives if any are connected. Then press the power button and wait at least 60 seconds.

If you still don't see video, try unplugging the HDMI then plug it back in to see if this brings back video. If that still does not work, try pinging the last known IP address that your receiver had to see if you get a response.

Did you try the above yet? If so, please post your results.

Using 1.86 still. No need to upgrade with people still having booting problems and blackscreen issues with 2.00 series updates.
Will be releasing firmware versions 1.87 and 2.03 later on today which both include enhanced error checking of the bootloader / kernel partition when flashing. This should resolve the issue that some users are experiencing where the receiver fails to boot due to the new bootloader / kernel version not getting flashed properly.

A KFL version of 1.87 will also be released in order to allow users to downgrade from 2.x to 1.x if they wish to do so.

Last edited:
For those using enigma2 versions what distro is it? I fixed quite a few scanning bugs in openPLi about 5 years ago. I never submitted them further because I only was concerned with openPLi on Dreambox.

UDL

@ updatelee: Thread hijacking is rude and bad netiquette. If you want to discuss a different topic, please start your own thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts