AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition version 1.1 firmware - Christmas gift from AzBox Canada!

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
On this Christmas day, we at AzBox Canada would like to wish all SatelliteGuys members a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. As our present for all miniMe American edition owners, we are releasing firmware version 1.1 which contains the following performance enhancements and bug fixes:

- Added audio chime when receiver boots up or resumes from standby. This fixes the issue with certain high bitrate feeds pixelating such as CBS by properly initializing the multimedia drivers.
- Updated DVB tuner drivers which slightly enhances tuner lock speed.
- Assigned default remote control buttons (i.e. |<< and >>|) in order to page up or page down the channel list.
- Blindscan range now automatically uses valid default values based on the current satellite's configured LO value. For C-band satellites, 3700 to 4200, for Ku-band satellites using a standard 10750 LNBF, 11700 to 12200 and for a universal Ku-band LNBF, 10700 to 12200.
- Added SatelliteGuys Radio to the online radio player for some GREAT holiday tunes.
- Added option to sort channel list by channel number. When the channel list is displayed, you may use the green button to sort channels either alphabetically, by transponder frequency, by satellite and now by channel number.
- Miscellaneous cosmetic and bug fixes.

Please note that after exiting the video or recordings player to watch satellite channels again, there might be a delay of up to 30 seconds before the media drivers releases control back to the tuner so please be patient. Also once you exit back to TV mode, the channel you were previously watching might not come back until you change to another channel and back again. This is a multimedia driver issue and we are waiting to get updated drivers from Sigma in order to fix this issue.

You may install this update either via USB by downloading the firmware file from the support section of our website or using online update if you have your receiver connected to the Internet.

IMPORTANT: This update can ONLY be installed on the AzBox miniMe American edition. Firmware won't flash on non American edition miniMe devices.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Thanks for the upgrade. I'm still getting this 'channel not available' problem after standby and channel change on certain channels. On 24W the NTA mux, blind scan finds it at 11.681 when it is actually 11.675 this seem to be a problem transponder with the channel not available problem. I'm wondering it it's not locking properly causing this problem with the frequency difference. Also online radio seems to frequently lock up the box after exit, reboot required.

Thanks for the upgrade. I'm still getting this 'channel not available' problem after standby and channel change on certain channels. On 24W the NTA mux, blind scan finds it at 11.681 when it is actually 11.675 this seem to be a problem transponder with the channel not available problem. I'm wondering it it's not locking properly causing this problem with the frequency difference. Also online radio seems to frequently lock up the box after exit, reboot required.

We are still working on improving blindscan accuracy and performance but for now, you may manually scan the correct frequency for this problem transponder and it should work fine. As for online radio, it is best to stop playback first using the red button and wait until the audio stops playing before pressing exit. We are aware of this issue and it should be resolved once we get updated multimedia drivers from Sigma.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I've had to reinstall from safe mode 3 times now as it is hanging at boot time, stuck on the azbox logo screen. Also can't get time shift to work and recordings take forever to get out of. Also my favorites keep getting buggered up with entry's that I never put in there and not storing the ones I want.

I've had to reinstall from safe mode 3 times now as it is hanging at boot time, stuck on the azbox logo screen.

The receiver will take a bit longer to boot now that we are playing a chime in order to initialize the multimedia drivers so please keep that in mind. Also, there will be a slight lag after booting if the last channel you viewed no longer has signal so it's best to tune a permanent channel before turning off the receiver.

Regards,

PwrSurge
Azbox Canada

I've had to reinstall from safe mode 3 times now as it is hanging at boot time, stuck on the azbox logo screen. Also can't get time shift to work and recordings take forever to get out of. Also my favorites keep getting buggered up with entry's that I never put in there and not storing the ones I want.

Yes I have had the same, on reboot it just hangs on the AZbox logo screen. A power down at the mains and leave it off for 30 secs gets it back. Sometimes the box just reboots when you try to change channels. The Channel group editor deletes channels etc, and you can save the changes but go back to your channel list the channels you have deleted are still there! even a reload channel list won't get rid of them. The only way to successfully delete channels is to use Dreamset or similar. I think audio dropout and channel not available is down to the Kernel. These problems were reported here in Europe with Enigma 2 when they were using the 3.5.5 Kernel. They have now migrated to the 3.3.1 Kernel which seems the most stable. I know you are waiting for new multimedia drivers but the exit from recordings is painfully slow.
I also don't like the full scan on blind scan, the ability to just scan part of the band was much better in my opinion. You can still change the start and stop frequency but they just revert back to the preset.

How do you go back to 1.0?

From the remote press Menu then scroll down to information, press OK then scroll down to software update press OK then scroll down to update from internet, press OK then it will say now new firmware, press OK again then the two softwares will be visible scroll down to 1.0 and install.

The Channel group editor deletes channels etc, and you can save the changes but go back to your channel list the channels you have deleted are still there! even a reload channel list won't get rid of them. The only way to successfully delete channels is to use Dreamset or similar.

At the present time, the Channel group editor can only remove channels from groups and not delete them completely from your channel list. The ability to delete and rename channels is a feature that is currently being worked on and will soon be available in a future firmware update but for now, you may use an external editor such as Dreamset as you noted.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I also don't like the full scan on blind scan, the ability to just scan part of the band was much better in my opinion. You can still change the start and stop frequency but they just revert back to the preset.

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next firmware update.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

In Radio mode after about 15 mins audio goes awol....a channel change gets it back. I'm back on 1.0 and this seems more stable to me, no reboots today, and the ability to scan just part of the band with blind scan is back. Lets hope early 2013 brings a fix to these bugs!

In Radio mode after about 15 mins audio goes awol....a channel change gets it back. I'm back on 1.0 and this seems more stable to me, no reboots today, and the ability to scan just part of the band with blind scan is back. Lets hope early 2013 brings a fix to these bugs!

Agreed. I don't want to be a beta tester unless i am specifically chosen to do so. The 1.1 christmas gift was the Grinch in disguise. Here's to 2013 and a perfect firmware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)