AzboxMinime

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now that stability and performance issues were addressed with the release of 2.x firmware, we now have a good foundation to start focusing on adding user features such as being able to delete transponders from the satellite list. Keep in mind that the satellite list and transponders was updated in our recent firmware updates so there should not be that many dead transponders on the satellite list that comes with the firmware.

For now as catamount mentioned, you may use DSEdit on your computer in order to delete transponders. This is an easy process, especially if your receiver is connected to your network as the software is able to directly to update the channel list on the fly over your network without having to manually walk over to to your STB with the USB stick that has your file.

You may download DSEdit software for Windows from our support page.

P.S. As you have upgraded to firmware version 2.02, please post your feedback when you have the chance at http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/azbox-minime-american-edition-v2-02-firmware.345454/

Last edited:
Now that stability and performance issues were addressed with the release of 2.x firmware, we now have a good foundation to start focusing on adding user features such as being able to delete transponders from the satellite list. Keep in mind that the satellite list and transponders was updated in our recent firmware updates so there should not be that many dead transponders on the list.

For now as catamount mentionned, you may use DSEdit on your computer in order to delete transponders. This is an easy process, especially if your receiver is connected to your network as the software is able to directly to update the channel list on the fly over your network without having to manually walk over to to your STB with the USB stick that has your file.

P.S. Now that you upgraded to firmware version 2.02, please post your feedback when you have the chance at http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/azbox-minime-american-edition-v2-02-firmware.345454/

2.02 is giving me more problems than 1.86 like when chaging channels it will sometime reboot and also on abc feeds
pic and sound ok but with quality bar at zero.
Tried downgrading to 1.86 i get GETTING UPDATE than unit freeze same if i try overwriting 2.02 than unit reboot and nothing
has changed c'ant go back to 1.86.
1.86 was not to bad i could live with it but not with 2.02....
Honnestly i'm not satisfied with this unit.

Bobsav2001 VE2FCZ....

I had the quality bar with 1.86 but that is not an issue it's the reboot that buggers me.
I did a factory reset and up to now it seems to be ok, i hope!!
The good part of it that i saved my settings.

After having the chance to tune the dish we are using over here bit more, I was able to replicate the 0 quality bar issue. It's essentially a cosmetic issue which happens when your quality level is too high for the meter to handle so please give yourself a pat on the back for having a well tuned dish. :D

This is not a new issue with the 2.x firmware as migold reported having experienced this with 1.86 as well. Should not be too difficult to resolve now that it can be replicated.

As well, the reboot issue that you described was also replicated by doing some testing on 99W C-band and already fixed in our current development code. Will be releasing firmware version 2.03 within the next day or so in order to get this taken care of.

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to our new firmware releases.

I am running 2.00 software and it is runs fine for me as long as i dont shutdown the unit.
But just for the fun of it i would like to try different software but my unit wont let me do it .
EX:: I go to software update then i choose usb then 1.86 when i get are you sure i press OK then i get the grey menu
updating software with no progress bar for a few seconds and it goes back to software upgrade menu internet or usb.
Why can't i change software is it me or the unit?

When running the 2.x firmware versions, you can only downgrade to 1.x using a KFL format firmware which contains the kernel. Once downgraded to the 1.x level, you would then be able to install any of the old IMG format firmware versions.

We will release a 1.x. KFL version right after the 2.03 firmware version is release as it is a prerequisite for a downgrade to 1.x. However, as all the issues you have reported so far are fixed in 2.03, there won't a real reason to do so.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts