AZtrino 1.82 - North American edition for AzBox ME

Tsakman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Athens Greece

- With manual PID entry, "ghost" channels were added when more than one transponder was scanned in on the channels list. This has been fixed.
- AZtrino process was restarting from time to time when scanning or changing channels. This has been fixed.

Code:
[CENTER] [URL]http://fw.azbox.ca/AZtrino_Me_182_NA.img[/URL]
[/CENTER]

- With manual PID entry, "ghost" channels were added when more than one transponder was scanned in on the channels list. This has been fixed.
- AZtrino process was restarting from time to time when scanning or changing channels. This has been fixed.

Code:
[CENTER][URL]http://fw.azbox.ca/AZtrino_Me_182_NA.img[/URL]
[/CENTER]

How to determine manual pid entries such as PMT,PCR,V,A ?

It will not scan in the CBS feeds.
If you manually add the pids it will still not scan in channels.

Can someone make a guide how can i use Diseqc 1.2(not usals) with Aztrino?Thank you.

Will this guide help?
http://www.spinnes-board.de/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4202&d=1221565836

Ok i found a solution.
For motor settings use RTI image.Keep the numbers that you save the sats.For example Hotbird position 1
When you use Aztrino go Channels-DVB-S2 tuner
Select DiSEqC switch type-Advanced
Select Antenna Setup
Select the sats who save with RTI to motor and change only the DiSEqC 1.2 motor position with the number you used with RTI as the example above Hotbird motor position 1
After you finish with all the sat press red to save.Thats it!

Last edited:
Can someone make a guide how can i use Diseqc 1.2(not usals) with Aztrino?Thank you.

Will this guide help?
http://www.spinnes-board.de/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=4202&d=1221565836

Ok i found a solution.
For motor settings use RTI image.Keep the numbers that you save the sats.For example Hotbird position 1
When you use Aztrino go Channels-DVB-S2 tuner
Select DiSEqC switch type-Advanced
Select Antenna Setup
Select the sats who save with RTI to motor and change only the DiSEqC 1.2 motor position with the number you used with RTI as the example above Hotbird motor position 1
After you finish with all the sat press red to save.Thats it!
Don't you have to move the RTI settings into AZtrino partition for this to work?

It will not scan in the CBS feeds.
If you manually add the pids it will still not scan in channels.

Will check on that as soon as I can realign my dish to tune those in
smile.gif

EDIT: Got my dish realigned and CBS on G28 WORKS when doing a manual PID entry! You have to make sure you are using the correct PID's

For example, the 3880 TP on G-28 uses the following:

For Service 1:
SID: 1 PMT PID: 48 PCR PID: 49 Video PID: 49 Audio PID: 52

For Service 2:
SID: 2 PMT PID: 64 PCR PID: 65 Video PID: 65 Audio PID: 68

Unlike other receivers, the SID here has to be correct or else it won't work. For now, in order to find these values with your box or simply to analyse any stream, you may use the dvbsnoop program which comes pre-installed with this firmware along with your computer when connected on the same network. Think of this as a text version of TSreader.

Here's how to use it:

1. Lock into the desired TP by going to TP Scan, selecting the TP and get a lock on the TP in "Test signal"
2. Telnet to the IP address of your box and login as root
3. To analyse the top level Program Association Table (PAT), issue the following command
Code:
dvbsnoop -n 1 0x00
This will output several lines of information including the program map PIDs for each stream in the MUX in both decimal and ( hex format in parentheses ).
4. To analyze a specific program map PID (i.e. stream), issue the following command
Code:
dvbsnoop -n 1 -nph 0x0030
where 0x0030 is the program map PID in hex format gathered in step 3
5. You should then have more lines of information which will contain the PCR PID, the video PID and audio PID of this stream in both decimal and ( hex format in parentheses ).
6. By entering the above decimal format gathered values in manual PID entry, you should be able to view these channels.
6. Enjoy!

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Will check on that as soon as I can realign my dish to tune those in :)

EDIT: Got my dish realigned and CBS on G28 WORKS when doing a manual PID entry! You have to make sure you are using the correct PID's

For example, the 3880 TP on G-28 uses the following:

For Service 1:
SID: 1 PMT PID: 48 PCR PID: 49 Video PID: 49 Audio PID: 52

For Service 2:
SID: 2 PMT PID: 64 PCR PID: 65 Video PID: 65 Audio PID: 68

Unlike other receivers, the SID here has to be correct or else it won't work. For now, in order to find these values with your box or simply to analyse any stream, you may use the dvbsnoop program which comes pre-installed with this firmware along with your computer when connected on the same network. Think of this as a text version of TSreader.

Here's how to use it:

1. Lock into the desired TP by going to TP Scan, selecting the TP and get a lock on the TP in "Test signal"
2. Telnet to the IP address of your box and login as root
3. To analyse the top level Program Association Table (PAT), issue the following command
Code:
dvbsnoop -n 1 0x00
This will output several lines of information including the program map PIDs for each stream in the MUX in both decimal and ( hex format in parentheses ).
4. To analyze a specific program map PID (i.e. stream), issue the following command
Code:
dvbsnoop -n 1 -nph 0x0030
where 0x0030 is the program map PID in hex format gathered in step 3
5. You should then have more lines of information which will contain the PCR PID, the video PID and audio PID of this stream in both decimal and ( hex format in parentheses ).
6. By entering the above decimal format gathered values in manual PID entry, you should be able to view these channels.
6. Enjoy!

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Great tutorial, PwrSurge! Will test it out as time permits.

Anything left to be fixed with Aztrino?

Still lots of things to be fixed but at this point at least, this version enables day to day use of the AzBox Me for feed hunting here in the North American market. We also have quite a few feed hunters from Europe and other places around the world who also use AzTrino NA edition as well by replacing the default satellite list with an European one.

We monitor the forums here on a regular basis in order to obtain feedback on what to improve or add in future AzTrino NA edition versions.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

@pwrsurge

I think getting the software up to the 3.3.1 kernel would be good. Is it in the works?

Yes it is however the 3.3.1 kernel is not really stable at the moment. We will only upgrade once a stable 3.x.x version of the kernel becomes available.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Still lots of things to be fixed but at this point at least, this version enables day to day use of the AzBox Me for feed hunting here in the North American market. We also have quite a few feed hunters from Europe and other places around the world who also use AzTrino NA edition as well by replacing the default satellite list with an European one.

We monitor the forums here on a regular basis in order to obtain feedback on what to improve or add in future AzTrino NA edition versions.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks PwrSurge.

What really would be good if you could delete individual satellites and there channels rather than just a blanket all channel delete option.

There was a few people who contacted us in regards to issues when using blind scan on the current AZtrino 1.82 NA release with non-standard setups so we would like to provide some details in regards to blind scan when using this version.

Currently, blind scan only supports the following LNBF types regardless of how your LNBF is configured in Antenna Setup:

- C-band using a 5150 LNBF either with or without a 22Khz switch
- Ku-band using a 10750 LNBF either with or without a 22Khz switch
- Ku-band using a 9750/10600 LNBF

Based on your system, here are the settings that need to be used:

10750 Ku-Band LNBF on the ON side of a 22Khz switch
In antenna setup:
- LNB low band frequency: 10750
- LNB high band frequency: 10750
- LNB switch frequency: 11700
In blind scan parameters:
- Start Frequency: 11700 or higher
- End Frequency: at least 10 MHz higher than Start Frequency
- 22 Khz tone: On

10750 standard Ku-Band LNBF on the OFF side of a 22Khz switch
In antenna setup:
- LNB low band frequency: 10750
- LNB high band frequency: 10750
- LNB switch frequency: 12700
- Start Frequency: 11700 or higher
- End Frequency: at least 10 MHz higher than Start Frequency
- 22 Khz tone: Off

9750/10600 universal Ku-Band LNBF
In antenna setup:
- LNB low band frequency: 9750
- LNB high band frequency: 10600
- LNB switch frequency: 10700
- Start Frequency: MUST range anywhere between 10700 to 11699
- End Frequency: MUST be at least 10 Mhz higher than Start frequency and can range anywhere between 10710 to 12750
- 22 Khz tone: Auto

5150 standard C-Band LNBF on the ON side of a 22Khz switch
In antenna setup:
- LNB low band frequency: 5150
- LNB high band frequency: 5150
- LNB switch frequency: 3600
- Start Frequency: 4800 or lower
- End Frequency: at least 10 MHz higher than Start Frequency but 4800 or lower
- 22 Khz tone: On

5150 standard C-Band LNBF on the OFF side of a 22Khz switch
In antenna setup:
- LNB low band frequency: 5150
- LNB high band frequency: 5150
- LNB switch frequency: 4800
- Start Frequency: 4800 or lower
- End Frequency: at least 10 MHz higher than Start Frequency but 4800 or lower
- 22 Khz tone: Off

In the next release, we will fix this so that blind scan can work on all system types as configured in Antenna setup, including non-standard LNBF's such as 10700 but for now, please pay attention to the start frequency parameter as it does have an impact on how the blindscan is being performed.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Great tutorial, PwrSurge! Will test it out as time permits.
I tried these settings with an Azbox Me using NA 1.82. I get lots of signals on G 28 but so far no channels. The blind scan fails and then the built in transponders fail as well. I tried to key in the PIDs but I suspect I am missing some numbers.

I tried these settings with an Azbox Me using NA 1.82. I get lots of signals on G 28 but so far no channels. The blind scan fails and then the built in transponders fail as well. I tried to key in the PIDs but I suspect I am missing some numbers.

What type of switches are you using in your system and what settings do you have in Antenna Setup for Galaxy 28?

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)