AZtrino 1.85 - North American edition for AzBox ME

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AZtrino 1.85 - North American edition for AzBox ME Version 1.85 of AZtrino North American edition for AzBox ME is now available for download under the support section of our website at AzBox Canada :: Official Canadian distributor for AzBox products.

It includes the following enhancements:
  • Blindscan fixed to support non-standard LNBF setups as configured in antenna settings. Due to this, the 22Khz tone option in blindscan settings has been removed since it is no longer required.
  • Added support for the WaveFocus Wireless USB adapter in order to connect to wireless networks on the AzBox Me.
  • Minor UI optimizations where you Press OK, then the yellow button twice to see the satellite list in order to more easily change satellites when using a motorized system.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

FYI, we are currently still using the old kernel for this version as the new kernel still has some stability issues. We will eventually switch over to the new kernel once stability issues have been resolved.

Regards,

PwrSurge

FYI, we are currently still using the old kernel for this version as the new kernel still has some stability issues. We will eventually switch over to the new kernel once stability issues have been resolved.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Agreed. Tried out the RC 2 version. Blindscan sometimes locks up, you cannot stop the blindscan in the menu without a reboot, will not blindscan C Band. You cannot format the HDD, recording is not possible without using the EPG, instant record does not work, i.e just pressing record. Timezone can also not be set. Far to many bugs, personally I would use Enigma2 over the RC 2 version. I have left feedback for Opensat in Portugal, but as usual they ignore it.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Are you still on track regarding releasing the Android firmware for the AZBox ME, and if so will it be able to co-exist with the Enigma firmware?

Agreed. Tried out the RC 2 version. Blindscan sometimes locks up, you cannot stop the blindscan in the menu without a reboot, will not blindscan C Band. You cannot format the HDD, recording is not possible without using the EPG, instant record does not work, i.e just pressing record. Timezone can also not be set. Far to many bugs, personally I would use Enigma2 over the RC 2 version. I have left feedback for Opensat in Portugal, but as usual they ignore it.
@ the red highlighted. What does RC stand for?

Anyone have WaveFocus working with either ME or HD Plus?

With WaveFocus I see the FIOS Router but cannot access the WIFI network.

What is the "Click WPS button for"?

Anyone have WaveFocus working with either ME or HD Plus?

With WaveFocus I see the FIOS Router but cannot access the WIFI network.

What is the "Click WPS button for"?

With the AzBox Me, the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter will only work for sure when AzTrino NA edition version 1.85 or later is being used so please make sure you are using this firmware. Other firmware images might also work as well if their developers include support for the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter in the future. Before connecting, you have to ensure the correct wireless encryption setting is selected (i.e. WEP, WPA or WPA2) and that the passphrase is correctly typed in as it is case sensitive.

The click WPS button is used on special wireless routers who are able to automatically negotiate a password with the device you are connecting. Most of the time however, this feature does not work so it is best to manually specify your password to connect.

On a Premium HD plus, you should already have built in wifi so there is not really any need to use this adapter on this receiver. However, you should still be able to make it work if you temporarily remove the mini-PCI wireless module off the main board inside the unit as both won't work at the same time.

Best regards,

PwrSurge

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)