AZBOX AzTrino v2.50 American Edition firmware for AzBox Me

pwrsurge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2007
Canada
AzBox Americas is proud to announce the release of a new v2.50 firmware version for the AzBox Me.
Please note that this firmware can ONLY be used on the AzBox Me and NOT the AzBox miniMe American Edition!

This new version includes the following enhancements:

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed issue where blindscan with more than one polarity or band was hanging the box.
  • Fixed a cosmetic issue where scanned frequencies were being incorrectly displayed when doing a blind scan on Ku band satellites.
  • DiSEqC switch commands, motor movement and other frontend parameters are now properly sent before doing a blindscan.
  • Fixed yellow button hotkey so that it displays available satellites even if the channel list is not being shown.
  • Screen now correctly blanks out when on standby mode

New features:
  • Implemented ability to delete channels from the channel list using the remote control.
  • Implemented ability to rename channels from the channel list using the remote control.
  • Added percentage display during scan.
  • Updated satellite and transponder list.

You may download this new firmware release from our website at http://www.azboxamericas.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Babadem and lilo74
Just a reminder that unlike the miniMe American Edition, the AzBox Me does not support non-destructive upgrades. This means that all settings and scanned channels will be lost during the upgrade unless you first do a settings and channel list backup before the upgrade and restore after the upgrade.

Reactions: lilo74
First impressions are favourable, blind scan seems to work OK.
Formatted the HDD altered the recording directory, recordings start and stop OK and appear in the media section, but press OK to start playback and the box freezes, reboot required.
Just deleted all channels, the went for a blindscan, it has lost the tuner, plus abort blindscan still does not work, it just carries on regardless, another reboot required

Can this be used with Enigma Kernel 3.9.2., if not which Enigma kernel can this be used with?

This firmware uses Kernel version 3.3.1. We tried using the 3.9.2 kernel but as it was causing issues that we were unable to resolve with demux timeouts on about half of the FTA transponders out there, we decided to remain with 3.3.1 which does not have this issue.

Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any advice on Enigma 2 as we don't support third party European firmware.

Last edited:
@Babadem,
I would load Open ATV 3.1 as this uses the same Kernel as Powersurge has quoted, I find this the most stable for blindscan, too many issues with 3.9.2. I will load 3.1. In boot 2 sector as they use the same Kernel, this should not be an issue.

@Powersurge, after testing this for a couple days, the only issue I can now find is after exiting recordings the satellite channel you were last on presents a black screen with sound, a soft reset cures this though. Otherwise this is the best Aztrino by far!

Below are the issues I noticed.
1) There is no Video Display for 1080p 60Hz, but the 1080p 24Hz which makes the video to strobe and choppy, making the audio out of sync. I'm currently uing 1080p 50Hz
2) On 99.0°W KU it wouldn't pickup 12040H 26666sr either using Manual or blind scans.
More observations later.

Below are the issues I noticed.
1) There is no Video Display for 1080p 60Hz, but the 1080p 24Hz which makes the video to strobe and choppy, making the audio out of sync. I'm currently uing 1080p 50Hz
2) On 99.0°W KU it wouldn't pickup 12040H 26666sr either using Manual or blind scans.
More observations later.
Thank you for your report. Will get development to see if it's possible to add 1080p@60Hz resolution. As for the 12040 TP on G16 not scanning in, this is due to the fact that it does not have a valid SDT so you will need to do a manual PID entry for both RT and NHK World HD channels.

We tried for several days to integrate our PAT and PMT parsing functions from the miniMe American Edition firmware in order to support automatic scanning of transponders with no SDT. Unfortunately, we were not successful in doing so as there are too many differences between the two firmwares. This would require a significant firmware rewrite which entails a substantial investment which could never be recovered as the AzBox Me has been discontinued for over 2 years now and our dealers sold very few of these units beforehand.

Regardless, we will continue to fix minor bugs in our AZtrino North American Edition firmware for the AzBox Me from time to time as development resources become available.

Last edited:
This thread caught me off guard a bit as I wonder why there is a new fw for a AZMe...Do you have genuine AZMes for sale pwrsurge?...I am in the market for a new receiver and this is one I have been looking for.

This thread caught me off guard a bit as I wonder why there is a new fw for a AZMe...Do you have genuine AZMes for sale pwrsurge?...I am in the market for a new receiver and this is one I have been looking for.

Unlike what the individuals who run that discussion forum responsible for having certain feeds encrypted after getting indexed by search engines claim, we continue to support discontinued models with a few more firmware releases as development resources become available and supporting that model continues to be financially viable.

I can certainly understand why you were caught off guard as anything that gets posted over in that forum by any member in regards to us or our achievements instantly gets edited or deleted. Even though freedom of speech is a fundamental right provided by the first amendment to the US constitution, it does not appear to be respected over there. Furthermore, our user account and some of our IP addresses are still banned for over 2 years now so even if posts were not getting deleted, we would not even have the opportunity to answer the questions that these members have! :rollingeyes

While the AzBox Me had the potential to become a great receiver, it never really got a chance due to a hardware manufacturing defect with its internal power module impacting almost 40% of all units made with audio and stability issues. When we first became aware of this issue, all AzBox Me's were recalled from our dealers and each one was individually tested for this issue. We were hopeful that OpenSat could obtain sufficient replacement parts in order to repair the flawed receivers but unfortunately, this never happened so we were forced to discontinue the AzBox Me 2 years ago now. Fortunately, the AzBox miniMe American Edition does not suffer from this flaw as its power module is integrated into the main board.

Because of this, you won't find a retailer anywhere in the world selling brand new genuine AzBox Me units and if you happen to find one used, there's about 40% chance that it has that hardware flaw and with no warranty, fixing it won't be easy. The only AzBox Me units we have remaining are all defective and can't be sold. For the above reasons, we strongly suggest to avoid purchasing an AzBox Me and purchase an AzBox miniMe American Edition instead which is still in production with new units available for purchase from our authorised dealers.

Last edited:
The only AzBox Me units we have remaining are all defective and can't be sold. PWRSURGE.
HELLO,I have 2 damaged display units. you say you have damaged units,of these units. You can sell only Displays?????

We don't sell replacement parts but can most likely repair the units if they are still under the 2 year hardware warranty.

I know that I don't have guarantee for the two pieces azbox me, but you say that you have replacement the display azbox me I can buy you two????'

The normal procedure for warranty service of our products is to return the unit to the dealer who first sold it new along with proof of purchase (i.e. receipt). If the unit was purchased used then you must first obtain a copy of the original dealer sales receipt from the seller who sold it used to you.

Simple troubleshooting procedures would first be performed by the dealer to try and fix the issue such as cleaning the contact pins and reseating the ribbon cable in your case. If the issue is still not resolved, the dealer would then ship the unit to us for repair under warranty as long as the date it was purchased new is less than 2 years ago.

Since the AzBox Me is now a discontinued product, we are only able to repair units which are still under warranty as only limited quantities of replacement parts are available for discontinued models.

Last edited:
Does the AzBox Me use a standard 'off the shelf' display or is it a custom made part for the unit? If not custom, maybe he can find it somewhere as surplus, etc and replace it himself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)