Babylon 5 reboot coming (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
Gee, never said it was green lighted, just that I wouldn't watch it until it ran it's course. Plus it sounds like MJS going to do more then just write the pilot since he's the show runner, The beloved Babylon 5 is getting rebooted, and series creator JMS is running the sho
Thanks for that link. Much longer statement by JMS.

He has been around the block a few times, I doubt he would put in all this effort without a good indication the project is going somewhere.

I do expect it we will be waiting a couple years.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
A reboot? I have to ask, why?
The series isn't that old, and it had a nice arc that was wrapped up, but also left things open for the future (with hints of things to come).

Just do a new follow on series. Lot's of good stories and issues to deal with there.

Reactions: Foxbat

klang

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 4, 2003
Colorado Springs, CO
A reboot? I have to ask, why?
The series isn't that old, and it had a nice arc that was wrapped up, but also left things open for the future (with hints of things to come).

Just do a new follow on series. Lot's of good stories and issues to deal with there.

The Verge link above explains JMS's reasoning. Reboots seem to be in vogue these days.

I'm curious what could be done with current special effects but I'm not sure I would be interested in retelling the same story.

Users who are viewing this thread