Back Projection TV

Uplink

Satellite Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 3, 2004
I came across an older rear projection big screen, gives audio but no picture.

Is this the bulb that is burned out or something else. Screen is completely dark.

Is there a question here?

If your asking what's wrong, then it could be a variety of things. Since it's old, it's likely a CRT based RPTV. It could be a problem with the guns, high voltage supply, etc. If you don't know what you are doing, don't mess with it as the voltage can give you a nasty bite.

Also, it could be the mirrors and lenses. My brother's friend gave him an old (circa 1985) RPTV. You could just barely make out a faint image. It sat in his room for some time. While he was off in boot camp, my dad decided to take a look to see what was wrong with it. The mirrors that reflect the image had a very thick coat of a tar like sooty substance. It turned out that the the friend's parents chained smoked for years and this was just the accumulated effect from all that. After my dad cleaned it up, its a great picture for being close to 20 years old.

The Len's were covered, used compressed air along with brush, then got lens paper and fluid...90%brighter...but Can't get the vertical blue convergeance to line up so Picture is stlll ghosty... will tackle that another day... I'm Not Gregg for sure:) Edit... couldn't stand it took back apart and adjusted the red and blue guns... still has faint ghosts, but is better...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)