Back to Vooming Questions

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
Just got my Voom back Tuesday.
HDNews- are the old anchors gone- Erica, Logan etc.?
Now they promo the V-10 stations with their Dish channel numbers. HDNews-castors say,"This is HDN on Dish."

Has anyone heard if they're just going to become a Dish exclusive?

Really miss Family Room and World Cinema.

I've had VOOM on E* for over week now and I haven't given much thought to the HDNews Anchors since our local CBS News channel recently went HD; I just don't watch it as often. However, now that you mention it...I keep seeing the same guy over and over.

As you know, the other 11 channels are supposed to be aired on E* by 2006. When? Who knows at this point! It's also rumored that Rainbow Media is trying to sell the VOOM channels to other service providers (DBS, Cable, Verizon, etc.). Offhand, D* is busy standing up HD LIL so V* would appear to be low priority; Cable: doubt many providers have the bandwidth to handle more than one or two more HD channels; Verizon: would make a great addition to the lineup, but they won't be rolling out video service in most areas until later this year. So, by chance it would appear that VOOM will be a temporary exclusive on E*.

I miss all the Cinema10 channels.

Erica still there. Logan, I do not know. I do not believe it is a dish exclusive and hopefully will get the others (press release stated by 2006 and rumors are saying we could get 4 others but that's just rumor). On the positive side they play Family Room movies on guytv and world cinema will be playing their movies in EquatorHd.

Sean Mota said:
Erica still there. Logan, I do not know. I do not believe it is a dish exclusive and hopefully will get the others (press release stated by 2006 and rumors are saying we could get 4 others but that's just rumor). On the positive side they play Family Room movies on guytv and world cinema will be playing their movies in EquatorHd.

But they do not play Thunderbirds or Flipper :(

3rd Saturday without Thunderbirds comnig up!!!

philhu said:
But they do not play Thunderbirds or Flipper :(

3rd Saturday without Thunderbirds comnig up!!!
Yep, so we're stuck with all the DVD recordings we made before black Sunday until Family Room returns.

I think Thunderbird and Flipper are somewhere in retirement :). They may make it back on lab as their own screen savers 24 hr marathon (Just joking).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)