Backup Settings versus Restore to Remote Control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
The Technician Settings User Tools has 4 buttons.
1) Backup Settings
2) Restore to Remote Control
3) Restore to Receiver
4) Restore DVR Timers

What is the difference between Backup Settings and Restore to Remote Control?
Both send the Hopper3 settings to the Remote Control.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
I think they do the same thing, but maybe Restore to Remote Control makes it easier for someone to comprehend that the settings can go to a different remote controller (a new one that has never been backed up)?
Another possibility:
Backup: signals go both ways (back and forth from receiver and controller). Restore: signals go one way (to controller only).

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I like my second comment above. Backup stores the receiver settings in the remote coltrol, and the remote control settings in the receiver (signals go both ways).

Last edited:
Backup settings is to backup the settings for the old receiver if you're replacing an older Hopper.
Restore to Remote control is to restore backed up settings from a VIP Remote to a Hopper Remote.
Restore to Receiver is to restore the settings from the old Hopper to the new Hopper.
Restore DVR Timers is to do just that, from the old Hopper to the New - although that's part of what gets saved on the old remote when you do step 1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)