Bad 622-- or connection?

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I am having a 622 replaced for the 2nd time-- though it's been a tleast 8 or 9 month since the first replacement.

Several days ago, my 622 started doing just what the previous one had done-- giving me a "no signal" message ever few minutes. Usually, going up one channel and then back would fix it, but only for a few minutes. Resetting the box would fix for a slightly longer time, but neither works permanently.

So, is it really the 622s, or is there some odd thing with my connection? reason I ask, is I have 2 other 622s running, with no signal issues at all.
Thanks!

Sounds like connectivity issue - trace the connection for that box and look for problems like a short stinger on the coaxial cables.

How did you get 6 tuners on your account?

I tried to trace it-- don't know what I'm looking at. :) Everything I can see looks connected. if it's an issue on the roof, no-can-do-- 3 stories up and I'm afraid of heights!

They are sending th enew box anyway. I guess I'll hook it up. If the problem keeps up, I guess I'll have to lose a day of work for a service call. Bummer.

As for the 6 tuners, I emailed CEO@echostar and explained my situation (large house, extended family). They were very good about it.

I tried to trace it-- don't know what I'm looking at. :) Everything I can see looks connected. if it's an issue on the roof, no-can-do-- 3 stories up and I'm afraid of heights!

They are sending th enew box anyway. I guess I'll hook it up. If the problem keeps up, I guess I'll have to lose a day of work for a service call. Bummer.

As for the 6 tuners, I emailed CEO@echostar and explained my situation (large house, extended family). They were very good about it.

Yeah, you have to undo every connection and look at it to see if the stinger is short, bent, fouled, or the connector is coming off.

I would trace back to the switch, not the roof.