Bad DDP Twin?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Grandpa J

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Camarillo, CA
I gave my daughter my 942 (I went to a 622) to replace one of her 301s. She had the DNS company change her LNB to a DDP twin so she can use the separator for the 942.

Well the 942 could note get a satellite signal 540 or 504 error message. The first CSR said the box (that was working fine in my house) was bad. I got a supervisor who said the switch may be bad. Even the old 301 could not get a signal with the new switch. The other 301 works fine with the new switch as it did before the LNB change.

Could one port on the switch be bad?. Or is it more likely the Dish network installer did something wrong when he did the install. As I had disconnected the downstairs 301 and was in the process of bringing the 942 over to her house when he did the install of the new switch my daughter said he just checked the upstairs 301 box.

Should she insist on a new switch when the installer comes back or just allow him the redo the switch connections?

Thanks

One port can go bad but check the connectors. A bad connector can cause a receiver not to see the switch or lnb. If you can, redo the connectors and do a check switch.

Another thing to try is to clear the switch matrix. Run check switch without the satellite feed connected and then run check switch with the satellite feed connected.

Grandpa J,

Just out of curiousity, do you know how long the system was working until the error started to occur when the DPP Twin was installed?

The upstairs 301 worked as soon as the new LNB was installed - thats the box the installer check. After I arrived with the 942 for downstairs - the installer had gone - and hooked it up it did not work. I rehooked up the 301 downstairs and it did not work. Both upstairs and downstairs boxes worked with the old LNB.

is there a ground block somewhere outside that is fairly easy to get to? if so, just swap the wires on one side of the block. then run the check switch again on both recievers. If the problem then moves upstairs, then you know you have a bad port on the lnb (or a bad wire between the groundblock and lnb). If the problem stays downstairs, then it is most likely a wiring issue between the ground block and the downstairs reciever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)