Bad Dish Network Seller, Any Dish Reps Here?

Bob55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ohio
This does not reflect well on Dish Net whether or not this ebay seller is authorized to sell Dish Net products. They do sell alot of Dish Net items. It is their main source of sales.

Purchased a "new" Dish Network item on ebay. It did not work very well. Seller had a 14 day return policy with no restrictions, only that it is returned within 14 days. Seller received the return. Several hours later seller is leaving feedback for other buyers. They had not acknowledged my return. I asked about my refund one time and get these responses;

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 1;

Please don't act like you know what you're talking about. I is YOUR mistake so I will take as long as I need to process your return on YOUR mistake to make sure the return was proper. I already reported you because this isn't your first return with the same item. When I am sure it properly working you'll get your refund. Quit playing games. I am blocking you as well. I don't want your crappy business.
Mesage 2;

Seller's message:
"I hope you have fun getting banned. I reported you multiple times for
every violation you had. NEVER PURCHASE FROM ME AGAIN! I do now want your
horrible business. "

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They also left not so good follow up feedback which ebay removed. They sure make alot of sense when they said they wanted to make sure it was properly working when it was returned for not properly working. This was my first return. I'm playing games, yeh right. Lost money on return shipping. I then purchased the same item directly from Dish Net. It works just fine.

Will give the seller ID by PM if anyone from Dish Net wants it.

Why not post his name here, also I don't think Dish has official retailers on ebay, basically it's buyer beware on buying dish equipment on ebay.

I've been lucky and have made some dish equipment purchases on ebay, all with positive experiences.

Dish will most likely not do anything in regards to ebay sellers, something they don't endorse or have control of.
not sure what their policy is on dealers selling on ebay either.

Why not post his name here, also I don't think Dish has official retailers on ebay, basically it's buyer beware on buying dish equipment on ebay.

I've been lucky and have made some dish equipment purchases on ebay, all with positive experiences.

Dish will most likely not do anything in regards to ebay sellers, something they don't endorse or have control of.
not sure what their policy is on dealers selling on ebay either.

No, there are in fact true Dish retailers on Ebay. I have also bought from some of them, and even recently had a warranty return on a 1000.2 EA dish lnb head that went bad in 2 months from one of them. I contacted him, and he processed a warranty return through Dish, and I had a new lnb head in 3 days!

Not everybody selling on Ebay is a scammer, or deliberately out to screw people over. However, you should in a lot of cases consider it little better than buying things at a garage sale. You MUST do your due dilligence to check out a seller as best you can before buying! That means at a minimum looking at his feedback, see what others have said about how he handled things, how much he sells, etc, etc. Sometimes people just have a bad day, or misunderstand an email, OR truly do get crap from a buyer, and it makes them "jumpy".

Odds are real good that whoever this seller is, he's acted this way before, and the OP would have noticed that if he checked things out and bought from somebody else. Who knows.

There's a LOT more bad BUYERS on Ebay, then there are sellers. I say that as a registered Ebay user since 1997. I have 100% perfect feedback both buying and selling, and have only had bad dealings with certain sellers (that most were ultimately made good) maybe 5-6 times total in all those years.

There's a LOT more bad BUYERS on Ebay, then there are sellers. I say that as a registered Ebay user since 1997. I have 100% perfect feedback both buying and selling, and have only had bad dealings with certain sellers (that most were ultimately made good) maybe 5-6 times total in all those years.
I totally agree with this. I've also been a registered user since the late 90s, and I've never had a problem with any sellers after doing my due diligence. I'm a very infrequent user, with a 100% rating, but only with a rating number in the teens. For that reason, I have noticed some sellers get skittish over my low rating number, but I learned to counter that by paying immediately upon auction ending, and keeping up the communication. Usually (unless they are a volume seller and don't have the time for immediate response) they reciprocate with prompt and thorough communication and fast shipping.

Last edited:
Hi, I am so sorry that you had a problem with the ebay seller. DISH does not have any way to regulate the sellers on ebay and I do advise to please contact ebay directly to report the issue. If there is anything else I can do to assist you, please PM me, thank you!

primestar31 said:
he's just not a very savvy Ebay buyer, and posted hoping for some sort of help, which if he knew better, should come from Ebay or PayPal.

Prime that's not nice.(In my op)

Last edited:
I will back up here earlier in the transaction.

Seller had a 14 day return policy with no conditions, other than must be returned within 14 days. Purchased the item and paid right away.

Contacted seller to return. Seller replied they only accepted returns if not as described. Rechecked the listing, the seller had changed the return policy to no returns a couple hours after I asked to return. Reminded seller they were obligated to follow their return policy at time of sale. Probably ticked them off then, sort of shows in this email(certain they would win);

If we open an eBay case, I'm certain I would win but it's not worth the
time. Please ship it back to the return address:

With tracking please, and once returned I will refund you the
full $

Sent back immediately. Seller receives return. Over half a day later seller is leaving feedback for buyers who purchased items after receiving the return. Seller had said in email once returned I would get the refund. I informed seller of this and said I wanted my refund and would not wait much longer(because I had a feeling seller was going to try to get out of it or make me wait a few days due to their previous comments). Then seller sends the first nasty email. I immediately opened case with ebay and left seller negative feedback for the nasty email and stalling. Seller then sends second nasty email using the alternative resolution form of the case which had nothing to do with a resolution. Ebay was informed of that misuse, the first nasty email and the bad feedback follow up which ebay removed. Seller then gives refund. Going though toolhaus I saw that seller had done something similar before, but that was two years ago. Bottom line, seller has two week return policy with no other restrictions, but really does not want to honor them on the rare occasion.

Under the conditions you describe, I think you acted properly and, for whatever reason, justified or not, the seller decided be a jerk; but you are still entitled to a refund. Unfortunately that's the sorry state of eBay and lots of other human interaction these days...

If the situation is exactly as you state, eBay and/or Paypal should be able to help you get your money back, in my experience they tend to side with the buyer.

He said he finally did get his refund after going through the Ebay resolution process.

Hi, I am so sorry that you had a problem with the ebay seller. DISH does not have any way to regulate the sellers on ebay and I do advise to please contact ebay directly to report the issue. If there is anything else I can do to assist you, please PM me, thank you!

Yea, but if this guy is one of your so called "Authorized retailers" you regulate them. So if its an authorized retailer this poster is dealing with, then it is someplace where Dish should be getting involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts