Bad HDMI on my 622...again?

jkinghome

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
A couple of weeks ago, I turned on my TV that is connected to the 622 via HDMI to HDMI - it had a bright green tint to the picture. Swapped out the cables with HDMI to DVI, same thing. Plugged in my PC to the same cable to DVI TV input, no problem. Component out is ok.

Bad HDMI output - called Dish and they sent me a new one (pretty quick BTW). Plugged in the 622 to HDMI, perfect picture. That was last week. Today it is doing the same thing.

Can these HDMI outputs be really this poor?

jkinghome said:
A couple of weeks ago, I turned on my TV that is connected to the 622 via HDMI to HDMI - it had a bright green tint to the picture. Swapped out the cables with HDMI to DVI, same thing. Plugged in my PC to the same cable to DVI TV input, no problem. Component out is ok.

Bad HDMI output - called Dish and they sent me a new one (pretty quick BTW). Plugged in the 622 to HDMI, perfect picture. That was last week. Today it is doing the same thing.

Can these HDMI outputs be really this poor?

What do you expect when you are Alpha Testing hardware for Dish.

RVD420 said:
What do you expect when you are Alpha Testing hardware for Dish.

I haven't seen many people complain about the HDMI output, or I can't find them.

Also, when I am "testing" new products I would have expected not to need to pay $299 for the privilege and hassle!

jkinghome said:
I haven't seen many people complain about the HDMI output, or I can't find them.

Also, when I am "testing" new products I would have expected not to need to pay $299 for the privilege and hassle!

Ya I know but that is how Dish works.

They release hardware with many bugs...and make the users deal with it while they try to make the box stable.

Dish did the same thing with the 921, the &21 before that, and the 7x00 before that.

Dish also has a bad history of crapping on its high end customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)