Bad Install Resolved Beautifully By CEO Escalations

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Super Dave

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
I switched from DTV to Dish 1 1/2 months ago. The installer used to same location on my roof for one of the 2 new dishes (I have the VIP 622 for HD and a 625) and every time it would rain signal loss would occur from the start of the rain until 1/2 hour after. I was concerned maybe the tree in my backyard was causing this, by getting wet, droopy and cluttering together. But I was wrong. The LNB was never screwed down with both screws and sealed, so all the rain was building up inside it and shorting out the system. The original installer (Antenna Star) came out to troubleshoot but only aligned the dish to maximum signal strength. He said the tree was not an issue, MAYBE the LNB. He didn't check. It rained and no signal again.

I contacted the CEO Escalations with email address on this board and was contacted immediately by Jenny. She listened to my issue and said she would make sure an internal tech came out to address the problem. 2 guys showed up, showed me where the satellite was, verifying the tree was not an issue, checked strength (over 100) and stated that even if the tree was in the LOS a signal would not degrade from 105 to 0 because of rain. He went up and when he noticed only 1 screw on the LNB he popped it loose and was instantly drenched by water, the LNB was still full. He replaced it and caulked it shut. My signal strength is even higher and I am thrilled that I can show off my HD to friends and family and not worry that it really doesn't work.

I wanted to share a positive story, because Jenny deserves to be thanked publicly. Calling a CSR would only get the routine responses, "There can and will be Rain Fade." They wouldn't listen that I had DTV for 6 1/2 years and I know rain FADE, a few minutes here and there, but hardly ever. I was losing signal for hours, even during a drizzle. The CSR offered no fix, just a band aid of looking for a transponder with a signal. You would think that when most of them had nothing a red flag would go up.

So thanks to Jenny, I feel happy to report that things are great. :up :up :up

So, he caulked the lnb to the y-bracket on the dish? I'm glad your problem got solved, but I think thats still a band-aid. I'm thinking maybe the y-bracket was warped or cracked, or maybe the lnb. If the lnb is caulked in, thats going to make it tough to change if the lnb ever goes bad.

Listen to me, you were just trying to spread some good cheer and put a positive spin on the usually bleak and horrifying world of satellite installation. :( I'm glad your system is working, and I might sound like a doomsayer, but you may yet have issues with that in the future. The LNB does not need to be "sealed". I doubt you'll have a problem for a long time, it sounds like they nailed the issue, but they should have replaced the Y-bracket assembly and possibly the LNB. I just thought I should give you a heads up.

"the LNB was still full. He replaced it and caulked it shut"

My understanding is that he did replace the LNB, not sure why he caulked it either but if it fixed the problem and made the customer happy then why not.

Yes he replaced the LNB, the original was cracked and full of water. I guess he was being overly cautious and siliconed it. They also gave me a hotline number if I have any issues they can provide a work around or dispatch a tech from the local Dish branch. I was also given a months credit. If the problem remains then I would expect more, but seeing that there aren't any breaks in the lines outside the only rain issue can be the LNB. I installed my DTV dish and cables years ago and I know what to look for. For only being hooked up for a month they handled it great, didn't blow it off.

Bad news spreads like wild fire, I figured I would tell about a situation that ended up as a positive.

Super Dave said:
Yes he replaced the LNB, the original was cracked and full of water. I guess he was being overly cautious and siliconed it. They also gave me a hotline number if I have any issues they can provide a work around or dispatch a tech from the local Dish branch. I was also given a months credit. If the problem remains then I would expect more, but seeing that there aren't any breaks in the lines outside the only rain issue can be the LNB. I installed my DTV dish and cables years ago and I know what to look for. For only being hooked up for a month they handled it great, didn't blow it off.

Bad news spreads like wild fire, I figured I would tell about a situation that ended up as a positive.

Get the water hose and soak that sucker down.....from the top down of course.

No signal, but charged anyway

Dish network literally caused me chest pains. Here is what they did to me. Tell me if the following can be called anything but out right theft!

If you do not want to read the entire page, the bottom line is that Dish Network made promises and broke them, and denied it later, took my money and could not deliver the service, but kept my money anyway!

On 8-6-06 I called Dish network and inquired about their HD package. I talked to a gentleman, whose name I think was Ben, and he was in Texas. I told him I was interested in Dish Network, but I have been reluctant to sign on because I have been told over the years that the Dish Network satellite was too low in the sky because I was in the mountains. This salesman told me that they now had new satellites that were very close to Directv satellites, which I can get. (I have had DTV, but they just do not have enough hd channels) I said that is good, but what if I cannot get the signal after I sign up. He stated to me not to worry, because you have nothing to loose because of our total money back guarantee. (that is what he called it a total money back guarantee) If you cannot get the signal, you get all of your money back. He made that extremely clear, so I signed up. On 8-9-06, the installer came out and worked for 2 days on my roof. They got a spotty signal of non hd channels that would come and go. They said there are massive storm clouds that were interfering with the signal and I should try it for a couple of days after the storm passed. I did just that and still no signal on any hd channels and basically nothing on the others either. I called up Dish instantly after the storm passed and told them the situation and they said sorry and I would get a total refund since it had not been the 30 days. They said I just had to get the hd receiver back to them and they would even send the boxes to ship them back in. It took 7 phone calls to service centers all over the world for me to finally get the boxes sent to me. They told me that when they got the receiver back they would then refund me the 249.98. Please keep in mind that my service was already canceled after 1 day. They got the receiver back and acknowledged it, but now said we cannot give you your 249.98 money back because that was an upgrade fee. I said upgrade to what, I never got your service, even for 1 minute. Also what about all of your employees and your website stating “a total and full refund offer for 30 days” I talked to 3 different tiers and finally ended up in the executive tier and talked to a supervisor named Jason. ( around 3:30 9-11-06) Jason told me that he knew it did not sound fair but that was the way it was. I said it not only does not sound fair, it is absolutely not fair and I do not know how to call it anything else but theft. I told this Jason that I had no choice but to let the entire cyber world know about what Dish had done to me. He made some hard to hear comment like “oooh were scared” By any way you look at, this company owes me this money, and I know that I can cost them far more than what they owe me, but they also fail the IQ test, because they said they didn’t care. How does this company stay in business. I have been with DTV for 10 years and never have had any problem like this. I would never consider changing service if DTV had more HD channels and I especially would not have ordered Dish network if I thought I was chancing 249.98 even if I could not get there signal. I have the work order that shows that I signed the form acknowledging that there was no line of sight, but also since they left the equipment for a couple of days, I also signed the same form that they did complete the installation.

Is there anyone out there that thinks this is absolutely wrong? Any ideas of which way to go. I do not like having a company steal 249.98 from me, but it has become a principal now, even if it was just 5.00, this is just theft. My neighbor who was going to go with Dish is not going to now and it made him so mad that he thought of the slogan concerning satellite tv. “When considering satellite TV, stay S.A.F.E. (stay away from echostar) which of course is Dish Network.

I am sure I will calm down, but at this time of writing, I feel like staying on this issue indefinitely and making the world aware of these business practices.

Yeah thats the thing with Installers it all depends on where you live! Some installers do a better job than others do but overall glad too see that your fixed up now! Oh and DISH ROCKS!! :)

twilloo said:
I am sure I will calm down, but at this time of writing, I feel like staying on this issue indefinitely and making the world aware of these business practices.

You could always call the credit card company and file a dispute. Don't pay the bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts