Bad Installation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryTi

Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
This is first time I post on this forum. I Reade before many different stores about bad installation, but never something like this one.
On December 1, 2005 I discovered from this forum, that Direct TV “pleased to announce availability of another international package – Russian”. Because, I’m one of those “dumb Russian”, I called Direct TV right away to schedule an installation on first available date. Person, who took order from me, was very nice and He told me, that first available date for installation in my area is December 6, 2005 from 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. Even it was’t convenient for me (I work 80ml. from my home in one direction, so I should take whole day off), I agreed for this, because next available Saturday installation was on December 17, 2005. On December 6, 2005 I was waiting for technician to call me and confirm time until 4 P.M. At 4 P.M. I called Direct TV and asked them, when should I expect technician, they put me on hold, and after they spoke with local office (Lakewood, NJ, told me, that technician late with his last job, but he’ll definitely come just a little bit later – around 6 P.M.-6:30 P.M. At 6:30 P.M. I called Direct TV and ask them, how much longer I should wait. They said they need to contact local office. When I was on hold for this answer, technician called me, to let me know “That it’s too late, too dark, and by the way, He is not coming at all”. I explained him, that I’m already lost money, taking time off work, so He should come and do his job. He replay, “He’ll try, but He cannot guarantee”. I told all this conversation to Direct TV representative, they contact local office and insure me, that installation will be done on same date (December 06, 2005), but around 8 P.M. – 8:30 P.M. Technician did show up around 8 P.M. and start looking, what should be done. I forgot mention to You, that only what should be done, it’s to install of Dish itself and hooked up the receivers, because I do have existing cables from satellite to location, where multi switch should be installed and from this location to each TV (I used it before for VOOM service). After technician overlook the scene, He told me, He doesn’t have multi switch and He need to go back to the office to get one, and He’ll come back to finish the job. He called me back around 10 P.M. and said, the office is closed, so He cannot come back to finish the job. Same night, I called Direct TV and told them all this, they called local office and told me, that they are sorry, and only what they can reschedule for another time. I told them, that I’m not taking anymore time off work, so I would like reschedule for Saturday, they said, it’s OK. On Thursday, December 8, 2005 around 12:30 P.M. local office contacts me, and told they are coming in 30 minutes. I told them, that this is a mistake, I have appointment for Saturday. They said, that I have appointment for Thursday, not for Saturday. I called Direct TV, spoke with guy, He introduced himself as manager, and his name is Justin. I told him all the above, He called the local office and they said they booked for Saturday, but they can send somebody on Friday, I start argue with them, that I’m don’t taking anymore time off work, and it’s not my fault they didn’t do the installation on scheduled date, but they said, they can do it only on Friday, I asked them, if they know weather forecast for that day in our area (4” of snow), they told me it’s doesn’t matter, they can do it only on Friday, not on Saturday. I was agreeing to do it on Friday. How You can imagine, nobody show up on Friday either. I called Direct TV (spoke with Judith), she called to the local office and they said, they cannot send anybody, because of the weather condition. After that, I called local office myself, and spoke with “Manager of Operation, Victor”. He said, he is really sorry, but Saturday, at 8 A.M. he’ll send technician to resolve this issue. Saturday, at 8:30 A.M. I called local office and asked, when should I expect the technician, they told me that I’m on top of they list for Saturday, and they working on this right now. I told them, if they was planning on Friday, to send somebody on Saturday morning, they should give work order on Friday night, not just start looking for somebody on Saturday morning, after that I told them, that I would like to speak with Manager of operation (Victor), they put me on hold, and after that told me, that He’s not available. I called Direct TV, spoke with Mr. McKenzie. He did 3-way call with local office. Guy, who answers the phone (who sound exactly, like person, who insure me, that technician will be at my house at 8 A.M. at Saturday) said that Victor is not available, and as soon he’ll be available, He’ll call me back. I asked Mr. McKenzie to file a complaint with Direct TV against local office. He said, He will. I was called local office every hour and every time was told, they still working on my case. To make long story short, nobody show up at my house at Saturday either, but around 8 P.M. I received call from Victor, from local office, who said, technician who got my work order, had car accident, and they want to reschedule it again. I told them, “No, thanks”.

Now, I need an advise from You, guys, where can I find a e-Mail address of CEO of Direct TV, so I can tell him another reason, why Direct TV loosing customers in favor to E* and Cable.

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry,

I am sorry you had such a bad experience. How about giving DIRECTV another try with a fellow Russian, who is this forum's sponsor and one of the best DIRECTV dealers in the US?

We send our own satellite technicians to NJ and would be happy to schedule for a Saturday or Sunday.

Hope to hear from you.

-Robert

I already called D* for another installers, or asked them just to send me a receivers so I'll do it myself, but they told me, according to they policy, they cannot send me a receivers and they don't have any other installer in my area. BTW, name of this lovely place is Direct Tech, they located in Lakewood, NJ, phone 888/808-8935

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts