Bad LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomdavid55

Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
I bought a Dish network 1000 antenna on Ebay so I could use my 722 DVR when I go camping. I'm trying to figure out out to aim it at home by pointing it in the same direction as the one on my roof. The one on my roof works fine but when I connect the Ebay antenna the DVR can't find the satellites. The antenna I bought is identical to the one on my roof. Could it be possible the LBN could be bad? It is a used antenna. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

I bought a Dish network 1000 antenna on Ebay so I could use my 722 DVR when I go camping. I'm trying to figure out out to aim it at home by pointing it in the same direction as the one on my roof. The one on my roof works fine but when I connect the Ebay antenna the DVR can't find the satellites. The antenna I bought is identical to the one on my roof. Could it be possible the LBN could be bad? It is a used antenna. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

could be a hundred reasons.

answer some questions first so you can be assisted:

Type of mount your new dish is on and is the mast/pole level in 2 directions?

got line of sight from where your new mount is?

what kind of LNB's are on that dish EXACTLY?

whats your zip code?

what is "check switch" returning now for sats? getting anything at all?

run check switch and then go into menu 6-1-3 and report what you see.

what are the skew and elevation settings on your dish now?

The alignment is very sensitive (a very small movement and you can lose signal). You may think you are duplicating the alignment of your other dish but are probably off a bit. You should have some simple tools to make setting up simpler.

1:Google earth your camping locations and that will give you latitude/longitude

2: Buy a cheap compass so you can obtain the approximate locatition of the satellites.

3: Use a satellite locator program like following to help aim towards the correct longitude.
4: Buy an inexpensive signal meter to help lock in the dish. It's way easier than using your receiver. Sadoun sell a nice one suitable for campers.
Satellite finder, how to point dish with magnetic north, azimuth and elevation program calculator.

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Accessories/Meters/SF95LK-DSS-Satellite-Signal-meter-Kit.htm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)