Bad LNBF?

andyg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Hi Guys,

Is it possible that one of my LNBF (specifically 118) is bad if I get bad reception on couple of channels from that satellite (on a few transponders only)? By bad reception I mean, vertical lines visible on the screen especially on 1 channel. This channel also has waves going from bottom to top. On another channel the vertical lines are pretty obscured and only visible in certain cases. Yet, all other channels from that sat I am getting seem ok. So, is this LNBF is bad or just those channels are being transmitted in that way or broadcast problem?

My initial thought was that if LNBF was bad, then ALL of my channels on that SAT would display similar problems from all the transponders on that sat. But, I do not know as much as you do. Maybe it is bad LNBF.

Thank you

I would say it was probably a transmition problem between the channel and Dish at some point. Not saying it is not possible for the LNB to be bad, but that is not a common indication of the LNB failure. You would see pixilation or the searching for signal screen if the LNB was failing to receive signal.

I would say it was probably a transmition problem between the channel and Dish at some point. Not saying it is not possible for the LNB to be bad, but that is not a common indication of the LNB failure. You would see pixilation or the searching for signal screen if the LNB was failing to receive signal.

I wonder if this helps. I checked a different international channel on the SAME transponder as the one that was causing me problems, and it looks just fine. So, what do you think is the problem now? Can it be the dpp44 switch maybe? But how does it explain that all the other channels are fine?

what do you think.

thanks

If you're seeing analog distortion on a digital channel, something is wrong in the studio. The only way it's your equipment is if you're seeing it on every channel, in which case it's either your receiver, your TV, or the cable connecting them.