Bad MoCA causing errors on joey in bedroom

collins83

Original poster
Jun 27, 2016
Herrick, IL
I've had dish for almost 2 years now, and just as of recently, this week even I've noticed my regular joey in our bedroom is getting error codes 1305 and 1303. When checking the whole home status, i notice it's showing full bars but it's red and says Bad MoCA. It goes away if i reset the network, or if i even just leave it for a while... but what could be causing this? Ive had no problems with signal in the bedroom with the joey, outside of the errors that come on for about 2 minutes, then the channel comes back on perfectly normal.

I'm frustrated because ive searched and seen lots of people having problems with this same thing, but the dates range from back in the earlier 2000s.

I'd love for any suggestions. Ive tried reseting both the hopper and the joey that has problems. The super joey in other bedroom is fine and hasnt had any issues losing its connection.

Any help would be great, its frustrating every 15-25 minutes to have my feed interrupted and have to wait it out. This also happens while watching DVR from the joey room. The errors dont appear in the main room with the hopper or the super joey room. Hope i gave enough info, if i can give anymore to help resolve this id appreciate it.. but its hard for me to schedule a time for a service call because of my work schedule. Thanks.

I actually started having this same problem with one of my Joey 2's after one of the updates. It was working fine for about 4-5 months with no MoCA issues and started getting the same errors as you. Have to reset the hopper and re-link the Joey to the Hopper each time it happens. Seems to happen more frequently lately, but a reset of the whole system fixes it for a while. Very strange.

Sounds like the most of you think its the node... not sure if this can help identify it or not.. took this picture a few minutes ago.

Also, this started happening around the time of the last update for my joey, is there a possibility that could be it?

Attachments

• 20160629_210123.jpg
    20160629_210123.jpg
    662.9 KB · Views: 510
Just get another node. If it is an older model node , they can be heat sensitive and fail in high , hot temperatures. I had this happen with my first gen hopper when I had it back in 2012 or 2013. The newer nodes are built to be more heat resistant.

No it-doesn't . I have no Taps at all. But now that I have the hopper 3 I use the hybrid switch instead of a node. Much simpler setup.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts