Bad weekend with Dish

FAiello

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Starting Friday night the signal was in and out thru Saturday night. The weather was fine other than some clouds and light rain. This was only on my 722, my 222k was fine all weekend. I am not getting the lost signal warning Error 004 ans aquiring signal any longer now I get pixel break up about every 10-15 minutes. Still not having the issue with my 222k. I check all of the connections and they are tight. Tech support was very rude to me because I call 3 times trying to get this resolved. Does it sound like a bad 722 to you or is there something else going on. Needless to say I had to cancel my Saturday night Final Four get together.

As I have learned, never call Tech Support on the weekends.

Starting Friday night the signal was in and out thru Saturday night. The weather was fine other than some clouds and light rain. This was only on my 722, my 222k was fine all weekend. I am not getting the lost signal warning Error 004 ans aquiring signal any longer now I get pixel break up about every 10-15 minutes. Still not having the issue with my 222k. I check all of the connections and they are tight. Tech support was very rude to me because I call 3 times trying to get this resolved. Does it sound like a bad 722 to you or is there something else going on. Needless to say I had to cancel my Saturday night Final Four get together.

Have you compared the signal strength's between the two receivers.
Menu > 6 > 1 > 1

If you're in the northeast I would bet on alignment issues because of the wind. We had high winds here and if your dish alignment is marginal the winds could cause the dish to move enough to loose signal.

Is the 722 in an enclosed space.? mine got real hot and the sound was cracley and video began to pixelate. i cut the back out of my entertainment ctr. and haven't had the problem since. or is it sitting on your a/v receiver??

I'm with tempVAdish. If the OTA tuner is on a weak station, it'll cause interruption to sat viewing. The fix is to always leave the OTA tuned to a good strong station.

Thanks guys I will try a few of these things tonight and let you know the results, wouldn't you figure the local installer called today to see if he could come over and take a look. I was at work and couldn't get out for him.

Got home tonight and it is working fine, the signal is stronger than ever since EA has been installed, I am still going to have them look at the system on Saturday as scheduled

I had the same problem last year at this time. Problem turned out to be nearby trees which were starting to grow leaves. Had to relocate the antenna to another part of the roof. No problem since.

This morning I was back to not being able to aquire a satellite signal on my 722 only.

TV is unwatchable tonight pixal breakup on all of the channels the loose signal or get the erroe 004. Tonight I did see "LNB drift" warning on system info

Unbelieveable, no problems last night I was able to watch TV without interuption. This is a stange problem. You watch they will come Saturday and it will be working fine and say nothing is wrong and I will have to live through this again.

Tech here this morning said it looks like a connection problem. He looked over the wiring of the system and was not impressed. He is now running all new cables and new connections. Does this sound like the right solution to you? it worked fine since August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts