Baja footprint

prt328

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Nomad
Been traveling to Cabo for years in my RV. I have 2 tripods, each with a 1M dish - one pointed at 119, the other at 129. Worked perfectly for years but this year I'm having a lot of trouble getting a decent signal strength. Did Dish to something to the CONUS beams?

Good luck with your safety. TV would be the least of my concerns. With all the crime in Mexico, and spilling into tourist areas, I can't imagine going to Mexico. If I was on a cruise ship that stopped there, I probably wouldn't go ashore.

I know, no help to you at all.

But you might try 61.5 and 72. No need for 77, but I think you'd miss 110 on the western arc. Better to have 129 though. I have no idea of signal strengths though. I assume you remember to do checkswitches. Sometimes it helps to do one with the dish disconnected, then connect and do another.

Reactions: charlesrshell
With that size of dishes you can get a decent signal for the 119 and maybe the 129 satellites ,but you shouldn´t use dishpro lnbs,use Eagle Aspen or something like that.Besides some xponders from 119 can´t be detected here anymore.I know this because I do satellite installations very often in Cabo and La Paz area.If you need more help, don´t hesitate to contact me.Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)