Banner Ads?

Tivo's have banner ads right in the middle of the screen when you pause or fast forward.
And I was just about ready to start researching Tivo. I won't now.

My Panasonic TV has banner ads on the App screen. In the menu, you can turn off ads, but not the ones at the top of the App screen. Even though I rarely go to that screen, it irks me so much that I have vowed never to buy another Panasonic product.

No worse than TiVo's...Unfortunately, it seems everyone is going this route. DirecTV has banner ads as does TiVo and most of the cable cos. too. It's is the one sure way they can get access to us.

Ahh...Good Ole Pay TV...where the BEST one can hope for is to be the LESSER of the evils. ;)

I use the guide to find a program to watch. Once I have found it, I watch the program. I spend little time in the guide and a lot of time on programming. It's not like these so called ads are animated or anything. They don't even catch my eye. Now, with the programming I get these animated popups to warn me of some upcoming program that are supplied by the TV stations. Those piss me off! They take me out of the program that I am trying to watch. Those are the real culprits. What is in the guide is nothing to see, move along.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)