Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Will he get to 660 and tie his godfather (Willie Mays) this year?

When will he pass Ruth at 714?

And can he pass Aaron?

Here is a wonderful article to read about Barry. My only fault with it is that it perpetuates the media myth that Bonds was serious when he was "dissing" the Babe when he was just joking around. But I love the way he described "classic" vs. "frontier" players, it really added to the imagery. And I generally love any article talking about the olden time players, especially Ruth and Cobb.

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/wiley/030909.html

Barry Bonds is a cancer in the clubhouse and he's one of the most worthless bastards who ever entered the record book, period!

What he said about Ruth is as classless as ever. What do you think, James?

Ah, you are just mad because he left your crappy team. ;) He was just joking about Ruth, but typical east coast media reports it wrong.

He is the best player who has ever played the game.

Roger, you forgot to finish your post with a hearty "Go Dodgers"! The only thing worthless about Bonds is the amazing amount of times he is walked. If he were pitched to, he'd have been past Mays and knocking on Ruth's door by now. Walked 3 times on Tuesday by the last placed Padres in a relatively meaningless game. Even out of town fans boo when they see he's being walked. Barry did have a chip on his shoulder a while back (and I mean a long time ago). He has been very classy with the media for years now.

Answers: He'll pass Mays this year, Ruth in 2005 and, in his final season, he will be the home run king in 2006.

Go Giants!

James......

"Ah, you are just mad because he left your crappy team. "

The three time playoff Bucs? Anyway, Mario shoots and scores! The Penguins win it all! As Michael Lang said... Stanly, Stanly, give me a cup of brandy!!!

"but typical east coast media reports it wrong. "

Is that so? Well that's what I read and he is not liked.

Roger said:
James......

"Ah, you are just mad because he left your crappy team. "

The three time playoff Bucs? Anyway, Mario shoots and scores! The Penguins win it all! As Michael Lang said... Stanly, Stanly, give me a cup of brandy!!!

"but typical east coast media reports it wrong. "

Is that so? Well that's what I read and he is not liked.
I guess I can't argue with anything you say there. :D

Of course you can. You could of said it's Stanley not stanly you stupid bastard! LOL

I tried to edit it but it didn't work. I knew it was Stanley and not stanly.

You da man Roger... You'd better learn to type better. ;) There is a spell checker... :p

Well 655 now. Just 100 to tie Aaron.

Pretty elite company as well. I mean Mays, Ruth and Aaron. And Bonds is still hitting them at a good pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.