Basic questions I want to ask about 921?

The Great

Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
I have a Hughes Directv Tivo right now and I would like to know the following?

Does it have season pass type option?
Does it have a view upcoming episodes type option?

Does it have season pass type option?

Not quite. You can select a show that airs this week in the guide for recording. Then your options are to record that time slot weekly, daily etc. No matter what airs in that time slot each week it would get recorded. I think TIVO would require that the show name be the same, thus TIVO would recognize a pre-empted TV show and skip it. It would also find the same name show on at other time slots as well. The 921 will work for most but the features are not quite as slick/intelligent as the TIVO method.

Not sure what this is. A warning to advise you that a show you wanted it about to air? Explain please.

Don Landis said:
Not sure what this is. A warning to advise you that a show you wanted it about to air? Explain please.

View Upcoming episodes, where you pick a program like the Simpsons. And see all the episodes on every channels it airs.

It doesn't support name based recording, never mind intelligent named based recording that doesn't duplicate record already recorded episodes.

The Great said:
View Upcoming episodes, where you pick a program like the Simpsons. And see all the episodes on every channels it airs.

Yes, there is a search feature that will list all shows that match, based on words in the title or program description. Then it's easy to scroll through the list and view the description of each episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)