Basic Recording Technique with Hopper 3

SDWC

Original poster
Nov 21, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hi All,

Hopefully there's a simple answer to this. issue.

I have had a DVR since they were first released. I have always used a technique for recording something "after the fact" that I wanted to save. If I'm watching a program and see a scene I want to keep, I hit skip back or rewind, then hit pause, select Record, then skip forward or FF to Live.

Every DVR I've ever had successfully recorded the program from the time I paused until either the recording stopped or I manually stopped it. With my Hopper 3 when I try this it always seems to start only from Live until it ends. It allows me to rewind but won't capture that portionof the recording.

Is the technique different with the H3, an I doing something wrong, or is it a bug/defect?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I don’t believe the hopper 3 works like the old VIP series did with that feature. I haven’t been able to do it with my receiver and I do kind of miss it as a feature.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don’t believe the hopper 3 works like the old VIP series did with that feature. I haven’t been able to do it with my receiver and I do kind of miss it as a feature.
I did it the other day, rewinding back to a commercial I wanted to record.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)