BB Blu-rays - Bad sectors on purpose?

I have never had any issues with rental discs, seems unlikely but have you tried upgrading the firmware on your bluray players?

My wife wanted to watch The Help. We couldn't get past chapter 4. I reported the disc, another was sent right away and it wouldn't play at all. This is the only movie we have had trouble playing from BB. I'll have to try it at RedBox I guess....

BD's and players are very finicky. It's just another reason that HDDVD was a superior format.

yeah, yeah, yeah....

I just want to say that I've had several BDs from BB and had issues with them. I've had several BDs from Redbox and never, and I mean never had an issue..... My Panasonic Bluray player is fairly new and is constantly updated with the latest firmware....

yeah, yeah, yeah....

I just want to say that I've had several BDs from BB and had issues with them. I've had several BDs from Redbox and never, and I mean never had an issue..... My Panasonic Bluray player is fairly new and is constantly updated with the latest firmware....
I would venture to guess that the Redbox BD's do not get handled as much as the BB BD's.

I would venture to guess that the Redbox BD's do not get handled as much as the BB BD's.

RedBox rents approximately 9.5 million total discs per week. I'm not sure what percentage of those are blurays, but whatever it is has to be more than BB does...

RedBox rents approximately 9.5 million total discs per week. I'm not sure what percentage of those are blurays, but whatever it is has to be more than BB does...
You are referring to total rentals. I was referring to individual discs.

Each machine does not rent 9.5 million discs. Each machine has very few BD titles. Many of the customers doing their rentals at 7-11 for $1 are not BDP owners. And, their discs aren't exposed to handling by our fine Postal Service, its employees, and its equipment.

So, total number of rentals at the corporate level is moot to the point I was making.

Each machine does not rent 9.5 million discs.
Thanks, but I am not under the impression that each kiosk is that busy. I'm not sure that clarification was necessary since I did use the word 'total'.

Each machine has very few BD titles. Many of the customers doing their rentals at 7-11 for $1 are not BDP owners. And, their discs aren't exposed to handling by our fine Postal Service, its employees, and its equipment.
But, they are subjected to repeated handling by customers without any inspection process in-between each rental. I've gotten some RedBox rentals that were so filthy they would make forensic science fans interested... ;)

Thanks, but I am not under the impression that each kiosk is that busy. I'm not sure that clarification was necessary since I did use the word 'total'.

But, they are subjected to repeated handling by customers without any inspection process in-between each rental. I've gotten some RedBox rentals that were so filthy they would make forensic science fans interested... ;)
I always give mine a good wipe down before inserting in my slot. The dried peanut butter isn't quite as easy.

I've had two bad blu-rays in a row from BB and I have two blu-ray players including a PS3, so I know it's not my hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)