BBC America Black

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I record BBC America HD news form 5 to 6 A.M. C time. Well it recorded nothing but black the entire time. Well the 6 to 7 is perfectly fine till it get to 15 mins in and freezes. Anyone know of what the problem might have been this morning?

Just a couple of questions.. (and to keep in mind for next time) BBCA HD or SD? Which Dish receiver? If you press INFO twice on your remote, does the info screen come up and then go solid.. and in the upper left corner, tell you the satellight its pulling from?

Right now I'm on BBCA HD (on SlingAdapter) and Top Gear is playing although this is a bit after your post and this morning's news time.

Edit: Just checked it from the SD BBCA channel (stiill on my sling) and it was showing just fine there.. maybe a glitch they've cleared up?

Last edited:
Just a couple of questions.. (and to keep in mind for next time) BBCA HD or SD? Which Dish receiver? If you press INFO twice on your remote, does the info screen come up and then go solid.. and in the upper left corner, tell you the satellight its pulling from?

Right now I'm on BBCA HD (on SlingAdapter) and Top Gear is playing although this is a bit after your post and this morning's news time.

722k and there are no problems seeing BBCA HD now and other things on the HDD are playing fine. It tp 3 on 72 and is working fine except for the BBCA HD this morning.

Man when i read the title of your thread I thought we were getting a new channel.:)

Don't record much on BBC but its working fine live.

Man when i read the title of your thread I thought we were getting a new channel.:)
Don't record much on BBC but its working fine live.
for me.. I started to panic ... with LIN having been out for a bit this month and knowing that sort of thing happens any time contracts come up.. I worry one of the few channels I really want, is going out till someone gives...

but otherwise for the O.P. hopefully it was just a momentary (albeit 2 hours long) thing.. :)

for me.. I started to panic ... with LIN having been out for a bit this month and knowing that sort of thing happens any time contracts come up.. I worry one of the few channels I really want, is going out till someone gives...

but otherwise for the O.P. hopefully it was just a momentary (albeit 2 hours long) thing.. :)

It was really strange Black for an hour. Then it worked for about 15 mins then freezes for the rest of the hour.

I lost one of my locals the same way last week. I had to "check switch" the DVR to get it back. ( it was working on the other DVR at the time ). It was really odd. It was only one channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)