BBC World Service - Dish Anywhere

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JeffMo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Missouri
BBC World Service via Dish Anywhere has been down for over 24 hours. Attempts to access the channel result in cryptic "error 7001". Is this channel no longer available? If not then Dish needs to remove it from the live feed. If it is still available then someone at Dish needs to fix this or at least provide something other than a reference to an "error". Pitiful.

Maybe they are getting ready to place it on a Dish channel and then you can get it just like any other live channel...

When I search for BBC on Firefox, all I get for BBC World News is in show on my local PBS station.

They took BBC World News (America) off DishAnywhere.com a couple of weeks ago. Not sure why it was there in the first place.

You can watch live BBC News (UK) on Roku or the web.. It is the original British version of BBC News.

True, but you can add a private channel that has a lot of different news channels including BBC News (UK version). Also France24 is there, DWTV (Germany). I even found the new TRT English news channel (Turkey). The streaming on the Roku is amazing. But I would rather have the channels (BBC) on Dish as it is all together in one place and I can DVR it.

Reactions: bobvick and Tampa8
You can watch live BBC News (UK) on Roku or the web.. It is the original British version of BBC News.

I can't find live BBC News on my Roku. I am using FilmOn and looking at UK Live. The closest I find is Global News. Any suggestions of another private channel?

Thanks - Larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts